Resetting Wifi Password

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stacygarrison13
Spectator

Resetting Wifi Password

I need help resetting both the 2 and 5 wifi passwords on my router. The passwords are located on the back of the rotuer, and we've had several family friends and both children connect to the wifi. They are sucking our data up. How can I do this? I've tried the D Router link I've seen on other posts, but it's not working for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

1: In your browser go to http://systemcontrolcenter.com or http://192.168.0.1
2: On the left hand side, click on "Wifi Settings"
3: You will be presented with a logon screen, the default password is admin

4: Select either 2.4Ghz, 2.4Ghz Guest, 5Ghz, or 5Ghz Guest, which ever network you want to change.
5: Enter in the new password in the Password field
6: Click Save Settings
7: Once you have changed the password(s), you should reboot your terminal, and tell all your devices to "forget" the network, and re-enter the new password when connecting.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

1: In your browser go to http://systemcontrolcenter.com or http://192.168.0.1
2: On the left hand side, click on "Wifi Settings"
3: You will be presented with a logon screen, the default password is admin

4: Select either 2.4Ghz, 2.4Ghz Guest, 5Ghz, or 5Ghz Guest, which ever network you want to change.
5: Enter in the new password in the Password field
6: Click Save Settings
7: Once you have changed the password(s), you should reboot your terminal, and tell all your devices to "forget" the network, and re-enter the new password when connecting.

The two links do not work.  I've sent an email to support twice regarding the links not working and the response was to use those links.  Twice.  And I'm "not allowed" in the chat I tried to create. Your control center site is apparently broken.  Can you please fix it so i can reset my password ASAP?  Thank you.

I'd be happy to let someone in support change it for me.  I just need it changed ASAP.  Please.

Hi rknrbn,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. The wifi settings are the only settings we cannot access remotely. However, you should be able to access the System Control Center to get to your wifi settings. To test its accessibility, I was able to successfully pull up your System Control Center myself.

Please try plugging your computer directly to the HughesNet modem and try typing 192.168.0.1 again in your browser so you can see this page:

Capture.PNG

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I finally got it to work.  I was trying to access the sites from my VDI and our firewall apparently blocked it.  Once I figured that out, it was successful.  Thank you.

I tried both of the websites and I get an error message that site can't be reached.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Ive tried i thought i reset it but ive tried both passwords and neither work and ive tried resetting the modem itself. I only have a smartphone no computer.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Are you getting stuck at any of the steps?

When you go to change the password, make sure you click save after you have changed it, then, you might want to reboot the HT2000w and see if it has accepted the new password.  Do not touch the reset button on the back, holding it for too long can erase parameters that are setup during install and will require a truck-roll to repair.

I unplugged it and plugged it back it and then tried the new password. It said wrong password try again so i tried the link again to see if it changed and it didnt work so i looked up other ways and i just poked it with a pen like it said
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Mommyb

As alluded to, be VERY careful with pressing the reset button, and you really shouldn't do so unless instructed to by a rep.  Doing so can cause the modem to lose all of its settings, which would require a truck roll to repair and which you would be responsible for paying for.  

@GabeU
So what do i do from here how do i find out if i did somethimg to it?
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Mommyb wrote:
@GabeU
So what do i do from here how do i find out if i did somethimg to it?

If it's working and you're still online you're fine.  If it had wiped it out you'd know it immediately as you wouldn't be able to connect at all.   

Thank you just entered ip like you said and reset password thanks. You have any ideas on how to use isb hd hookup