Hughesnet Community

SBC State: 22.3.24 (Registration failed because terminal move not allowed).

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seth111
Freshman

SBC State: 22.3.24 (Registration failed because terminal move not allowed).

I tried to aim my own dish (states 22.1.1/22.2.1)

…so I was messing around with my HT2000W and the dish up on my roof. I was doing great until I lost gateway. (I’m enrolled in a college cyber security course and I got curious). My max SQF rose 20 points when I selected to override the beam it chose, with one of the 5 alternative beams. But then I couldn’t provision the terminal (HT2000W) anymore with a new error: SBC State: 22.3.24 (Registration failed because terminal move not allowed).

I know what to do here, go back one screen and deselect the beam override, right? I did that and let it choose the default beam and now I can’t get enough SQF to hit ‘next’ anymore. I’m stuck in a loop…one beam gives my great SQF (106, way better than the old 86) but won’t register the terminal; and one beam that won’t give me enough signal strength (SQF between 15 and 30) to proceed with terminal registration.

Time to get help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Seth111 

Unfortunately, it's likely that they will need to send a tech, both to ensure the dish is properly aimed and possibly re-register the modem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
maratsade

Time to stop futzing with the system. 

Agreed. Up on the roof, was equivalent to "out of my league." And thanks for the kinder, gentler "futz" 

maratsade

I honestly admire the chutzpah. 🙂  

Do you need a tech to go fix your system??

@Seth111 wrote:

Agreed. Up on the roof, was equivalent to "out of my league." And thanks for the kinder, gentler "futz" 

I'm probably at the point where the base station (you guys) can't talk to my terminal. I'm seeing evidence of HughesNet sending messages (invalid power feedback from gateway; TDM Channel Assign messages in response to channel requests, not received) if you want to pm me, I can give my phone number and maybe we can save a truck roll 

GabeU

@Seth111 

Unfortunately, it's likely that they will need to send a tech, both to ensure the dish is properly aimed and possibly re-register the modem.

maratsade

I think the next step would likely be you requesting a truck roll (I think the fee is $125).  You can request one here or via phone or chat.  

Thank you for the how to get a truck roll info and the reasons why. As you all can surmise I now work on a smart phone, swiping out replies on this ultra convenient glass surface, whenever the internet is down. So knowing how to get a tech out, here in one portal, is pretty convenient for me, right now. I'm looking forward swiping my answers to my online coursework and Moodle when my classes start Monday. So yup. A truck roll is pretty important at this juncture. I'm convincing myself that it's critical.

Seth111,

Thank you for reaching out! We will likely need to get a technician on this case, but we first need some more information from you in order to pull up your account. Please send a private message to this link with an account number or phone number attached!

Thanks,

Remy