So No more Hughes Email?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eco
Sophomore

So No more Hughes Email?

So Hughes email is a no go? Having got Gen 6 , closing my Gen 5 account, I tried to start a new email for my account, a no go. I looked at the community posts re: email problems and relate to the problems, is Hughes email gone? Thanks

Hughes Email Logon.png

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It’s probably been discontinued for new accounts. I imagine it will likely be discontinued for everyone sooner or later, as that’s the trend with ISPs. 

maratsade-  I remember your comment less than a year ago regarding this. My Thunderbird email client was performing better lately with Gen 5 now . I guess I'll just forget about a  Hughes email account. I have 3 others, so no big. Thanks for your reply.  I'm happy with Gen 6 speeds ; 12 + mps consistently 🙂 My account history shows I have been with Hughes since 2012, thru Gens 4, 5, now 6. With my location in a canyon, It is my best option in many criteria ;  price, quality of support, now speed with Gen 6. I do tell others, about Hughes. In my location, there are few options , compared to other sat isps, Hughes is #1 for the reasons above. The support from All in the Tech Forum is exceptional , Thanks 🙂
maratsade

Yoiu’re welcome! You had a different username then, right?  I do remember the canyon! It’s amazing you get anything at all.🤣

If you’re happy with the speeds and the service, then saying bye bye to an email account is not so bad! 

Yep, same old ecoalex, too bad Hughes doesn't merge the old account (logon) into a the new (Gen 6). Na, if you can see the sky, Hughes works. I'm too low to get wifi, had that checked, but I know that Hughes is a better choice for speed, and price than wifi. Quite the memory eh? good on you 🙂

Hughes, the best!

Rocket Cat.png

GabeU

@eco wrote:

Yep, same old ecoalex, too bad Hughes doesn't merge the old account (logon) into a the new (Gen 6).

That's unfortunate. I guess it's because it's a whole new system with new equipment rather than just a modem swap and repoint.

maratsade

That's too bad that you can't  keep your username.  

maratsade

Just pointing out this isn't a solution...