So internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tpaynter1
Sophomore

So internet

My internet has been consistsnly having problems. I ran a sped test per the instructions and my upload and download speed is 0.3 Mbps. This speed makes it impossible to do even the simplest tasks. I attached the link. I know I'm over my good data and I'm downgraded and am fine with the downgrades speeds but it is promised to be 1-3 Mbps. I am consistantly below 1.0 based on past tests. I work from home since March because of Covid and I have had to miss several days in the past 2-3 months of work extra hours to get things done because of bad and slow service. What can I do to fix this and keep my speeds up. Upping my plan will not help because I will still go over it before the end of the month. I need to know how to keep my downgrades speeds to the promised 1-3 Mbps.  https://testmy.net/db/x6r5UcMoW.CWCpPChs8

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning Tpaynter1,

Thanks for posting and working with the community. I pulled up your account to run diagnostics on your site and the HughesNet equipment is working normally. Please keep in mind that even when speeds are reduced while subject to the Fair Access Policy, those reduced speeds are still shared amongst all connected devices. 

So if you have multiple devices on the network trying to run on less than 3 Mbps, that's going to be split up- all those devices won't get 3 Mbps each.

As maratsade noted, speeds aren't guaranteed as they do fluctuate as a result of a multitude of factors. Our suggestion is to manage the monthly data or as some other customers do, buy tokens, to avoid the Fair Access Policy.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15