Sudden Loss of Wi-Fi

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybercycle1
Junior

Sudden Loss of Wi-Fi

On Monday.  I lost internet and power cycled my Gen5 modem.  After long period to re-cycle, a program update eventually was "triggered" and during the update  there was a state code"14.1.3 -- A device connectivity issue is detected".  That code keeps popping up, but it apparently has not taken the internet back down.  I was up and running until today.

Now this morning, I had another sudden "net down" this morning.  Within about an hour my state code switched from 0.0.0 to 12.7.1 (transmit problem) and 30.1.1 (web acceleration in back off state) and that kept repeating.  Eventually, web acceleration went down for a period.  In the midst of all that, another software download was triggered (had another software download Monday).  Note, I checked all cables inside and outside (including at the radio and the ground)...all connections appeared fine.  This afternoon, I intermitently get state code 14.1.3 but the only device connected is my laptop which passes on hardware diagnostics. Not sure if HugesNet had maintenance or other system issues this morning which would cause any part of this problem?  Also, there are no weather issues to report in my part of Tennessee.  At the moment my state code is 0.0.0.  Any HughesNet activity that may have caused this issue?

cybercycle,

Thank you for reaching out! I was able to look into your account a bit further to see if I could find anything specific going on. To start, it seems we don't have communication with the modem currently. If this isn't intentional, please try to get a current state code for me if you can!

I'm also going to concur with everything Mark said, as the 30.1.1 can just be a result of regular processes of the your system attempting to connect to a Web Acceleration server. The 14.1.3 normally indicates a device is connecting and disconnecting often. Do you have any other devices outside of the computer? A phone, TV, or any smart devices? 

Thanks,

Remy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I hope the HN staff here can give you some info on this. Good to hear thogh that your code is 0.0.0!

MarkJFine
Professor

There might not be any weather issues where you are, but there may have been weather blocking the downlink between the satellite and the ground station on the west coast. Usually that's what 12.7.1 indicates, that the ground station isn't responding to a ping.

You can check the location of the ground station by going here using a computer connected to the modem. It will be the three letters (and three digits) between J2 and HNSIGW in IP Gateway Association State under System Status.

Incidentally, the modem will usually perform a software update whenever it re-acquires the ground station. Also, if the signal is going in and out anywhere between you, the satellite and the ground station, it is common to have web acceleration in a backoff  state. The key status code was the tranmission issue.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Remy

cybercycle,

Thank you for reaching out! I was able to look into your account a bit further to see if I could find anything specific going on. To start, it seems we don't have communication with the modem currently. If this isn't intentional, please try to get a current state code for me if you can!

I'm also going to concur with everything Mark said, as the 30.1.1 can just be a result of regular processes of the your system attempting to connect to a Web Acceleration server. The 14.1.3 normally indicates a device is connecting and disconnecting often. Do you have any other devices outside of the computer? A phone, TV, or any smart devices? 

Thanks,

Remy

@Remy wrote:

cybercycle,

Thanks,

Remy

Hi Remy,  First....I did not disconnect the modem and not sure why you could not connect.  Also, I do not have any other devices connected to the modem...just my laptop.  Is it possible that the modem itself is 14.1.3 state?  In any case, my current state is 0.0.0

Hope this helps.

cybercycle,

Everything seems to be back up now, which is good to see! I also do see an Apple Watch that has been connected and disconnected a few times within the past 24 hours, which may have brought about the 14.1.3 state code. Is everything running better?

Thanks,

Remy

@Remy wrote:

cybercycle,

Everything seems to be back up now, which is good to see! I also do see an Apple Watch that has been connected and disconnected a few times within the past 24 hours, which may have brought about the 14.1.3 state code. Is everything running better?

Thanks,

Remy

Yes, Remy....everything is running fine now.  I'm still a bit puzzled about losing Wi-Fi when my configuration and devices have not changed for many months.  Having been with HughesNet for about 12 years (had the NEW HN9000 back then), I can appreciate the effort it takes to troubleshoot satellite based ISP's.  Thanks for your help and let me run for another 24 hours before closing the ticket.

Regards,

John