System light blinking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prsmart
Sophomore

System light blinking

We had a close lightning strike yesterday evening, and since then my HT1100 modem ONLY has the system light blinking. No other lights are on. Any assistance would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You're welcome! The replacement modem I've sent should have a return label in the outer pouch, so you may send your old modem back in the same box. Since you purchased your HughesNet equipment, you don't have to return it, but it's an alternative to finding your local e-cycling center to recycle your modem.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I have reset everything more than once. Strike was very close-not sure what it hit but very close.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Not sure about Gen 5 but on Gen 4 there is a BIST test, can show if something is fried:

BIST.JPG

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

There's one for Gen5 too. It's in the same place as for Gen4.

gen5_BIST.png

I've got gen 4, but so far can't get to system control center or any tests
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

If plugged directly into modem by cable and still no access to SCC then the modem may truly be fried.  Smiley Sad

Have to then also wonder about the radio. Hopefully @Liz will have time to reply tomorrow even with the Harvey stuff also going on.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

If a strike was close enough to damage the ODU, and you can't get to the SCC anymore, then 99.999% chance all equipment will require replacement, including the coax, but that''s just my opinion.  To me, if a strike fries the modem, chances are it damaged the coax.

If the other lights aren't lit, chances are the only diagnostics that a rep will be able to perform would be based on system diagnostics uploaded prior to service degredation.

Good morning prsmart,

Thank you for posting. I've pulled up your account to address your concerns and interestingly, your diagnostics show the HughesNet equipment is working and able to communicate with us, despite there being a red system status in your System Control Center. There seems to be an issue with the LAN connection. Please switch out the LAN cable and let me know if you're able to connect to the internet.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I tried a different cable from the HT1100 modem to my laptop ( don't have another long enough to reach desktop it was connected to). Can't access systemcontrolcenter.com. Only light on modem still system light blinking.

Thanks for checking, prsmart. I've sent another HT1100 to you, so please expect that to arrive this week. Let me know how the replacement modem works out for you. 

Thank you!

You're welcome! The replacement modem I've sent should have a return label in the outer pouch, so you may send your old modem back in the same box. Since you purchased your HughesNet equipment, you don't have to return it, but it's an alternative to finding your local e-cycling center to recycle your modem.

Sorry for the delay in answering, but we have had days of rain with hurricane Harvey! Thank goodness it's stopped in our area now.

The modem did fix my problem. Thank you.

Hi prsmart,

No worries, thank you for your update. I'm so glad the rain has stopped in your area and the new modem helped! The community is here to help, so drop by if you need any more assistance.

I did not return the old modem because this message said it was not required. Now, I've received a message from Hughes saying they've not received the modem and will be billing my account if not received.

Thanks for the heads up, prsmart! I've manually received the modem in our system so it doesn't require any further action from you.