Transmit / Uplink Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_78933
Sophomore

Transmit / Uplink Problem

My Hughes system has started having transmit problems (state code 12.1.9) today. I rebooted the HT2000W modem once, when we lost internet access all together, and it helped to clear the problem for about an hour. But it has started to resume now. Web acceleration also drops out frequently, and I have to reset it. We have clear weather here, so it is not a rain/storm related issue. The modem is only a couple of years old. Any thoughts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

David,

You are currently on our older Gen4 Power Pro plan, which is advertised at speeds of up to 10mbps download and up to 2mbps upload. Our Gen5 plans are where we offer 25mbps down and 3mbps up, and I'd strongly recommend calling in to 1-866-347-3292 for more information on a possible upgrade to it!

Thanks,

Remy

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

I did install the new modem about two hours ago. No error codes since install completed. Packet loss has gone to 0% with the new modem, which is a good sign. And email is working somewhat more normally. So basic functionality is definitely improved. But speeds up & down are routinely horrible, currently averaging 1.1 Mbps up and 3.5 Mbps down. That may be at least partially the result of heavy usage mid-day in the time of COVID, but it's sure not close to advertised speeds of 3 & 25 Mbps. I will test again this evening to see what I get.

David,

You are currently on our older Gen4 Power Pro plan, which is advertised at speeds of up to 10mbps download and up to 2mbps upload. Our Gen5 plans are where we offer 25mbps down and 3mbps up, and I'd strongly recommend calling in to 1-866-347-3292 for more information on a possible upgrade to it!

Thanks,

Remy

Multiple error codes and outages this evening with the new modem. 12.8.2 and 12.4.1 and 11.3.1 and 30.1.1 with corresponding service outages. No weather issues here.

I did call on Thursday and switch to a Gen5 plan, primarily to get a larger bandwidth allotment. By Friday morning everything was back to working as it should. Good speeds, no error codes, and all Apps working well. Magic? Thanks, Remy.

David,

That's great to hear! Please reach out if you ever have any additional issues, we're always ready to help!

Thanks,

Remy

Apparently I spoke too soon. One morning of good performance does not equate to success, in this case. The "new" modem you sent did solve the transmit / uplink problem, but now I have a download problem. Speed tests today have been all over the place, with download speed tests from a high of 32.7 Mbps to a low of 0.78 Mbps. Middle variance has been in the 100-165% range for many of the download tests. My average download speed for today has been 14.6 Mbps. Outlook email is only working intermittently. Browsing is very slow at times, and normal at other times. I did call a few days back and talk with a telephone tech support person in southeast Asia (Case No. 131888230). He agreed there is a problem and referred the issue to a higher level tech support group. They were supposed to call me back within 24 hours, but I didn't receive a call. Someone sent me another modem -- don't know who or why. But that modem is set up for Echo 19, and my dish is aimed at Echo 17, so it's of no use to me. Again, no instructions or guidance to go with that modem. Help!

I received a call from Tier 4 Support, and called them back this afternoon. They walked me through installation and reconfiguration of the new modem for my dish aimed at Echo 17. We'll see how this works for a few days, and then I will post again with an update.

Update Sep. 5: The first several days of experience has been just OK. Browsing works, but definitely slower than before my modem failed a couple of weeks ago. Email has worked. But today we are not able to connect to the Hughesnet servers to send or receive email since early this morning. That is true on all of our devices - wired and wireless. Email had been working before today. Download speeds on Testmynet are in the 1-7 Mbps range, which is well below average over past few months. Not sure if the mail problem is due to general bandwidth issues, Hughes mail server issues, or other.