cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mk2
Sophomore

Unable to log into email system

Hello,

My wife and I are unable to log into our email accounts at Hughes.net. It keeps asking us for password verification. This is for both our email accounts which are separate. Also, this is a problem from both our computer and our phones. Therefore, we believe the problem is at Hughes. Anybody else having this problem? Anybody know what is going on? This started yesterday. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning folks,

Thanks so much for posting in here and especially to anyone who contacted us via phone/chat/email over the weekend so our engineers could hop on the issue quickly. According to the reports, I'm glad to see that this was resolved by Saturday evening. If you still have any concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out again!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
mk2
Sophomore

Hello all. 

It was my wife and I that started this thread. Thank you for all the responses, even though they were just confirmation, not resolution. Misery loves company, I guess. We are using third party Aps on our computer and phones. "eM Client" on the computer, and the packaged Android email client on phones. Looks like we will just have to wait until fixed. Glad the Techs are aware. BTW, we have been using Hughes since the DirecWay days. We stream TV with no issues, and almost always have better Internet than our rural neighbors that use other systems. So just want our email up and running again. Thanks again. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The good news is they know there's a problem and are working to fix it.  And in the meantime, you can access your emails by clicking the My Email link at the top of the community pages.  🙂

@mk2 wrote:

Hello all. 

It was my wife and I that started this thread. Thank you for all the responses, even though they were just confirmation, not resolution. Misery loves company, I guess. We are using third party Aps on our computer and phones. "eM Client" on the computer, and the packaged Android email client on phones. Looks like we will just have to wait until fixed. Glad the Techs are aware. BTW, we have been using Hughes since the DirecWay days. We stream TV with no issues, and almost always have better Internet than our rural neighbors that use other systems. So just want our email up and running again. Thanks again. 

Good morning folks,

Thanks so much for posting in here and especially to anyone who contacted us via phone/chat/email over the weekend so our engineers could hop on the issue quickly. According to the reports, I'm glad to see that this was resolved by Saturday evening. If you still have any concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out again!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I dont know where you read that this issue of not logging into our email is resolved, but we still cannot download our main email account.  So much for providing a solution.  

Don 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

She probably got a report from the email techs. Are you still having issues with a third party app you use for your email? @Liz , @Remy , or @Damian can look into this for you. 

halldcaz_1 wrote:

I dont know where you read that this issue of not logging into our email is resolved, but we still cannot download our main email account.  

Don 

-When did you first notice this issue?

Last Friday October 29th.  All the emails weren't working but on Monday three email accounts started working but our primary email still won't download keeps telling incorrect password. 

-Which mail client are you using?

Microsoft Live Mail

-Is this happening on multiple devices?

We only use our main desktop to download the emails

-Can you access your email via webmail? (Meaning, by clicking the MY EMAIL link in the top right corner of this website, bypassing your email client.)

Yes we can access our emails via webmail - that is how I tested the password to see if it is still correct.  

-Private message me which e-mail addresses are currently affected.

halldcaz_1 is the one we cannot download.  

Thank you for your understanding

Don

we use outlook on PCs, and Mail on Macintoshes.  All accounts went down.  we were able to use webmai

Same problems on both.  Started last Friday.  working now.

Hi halldcaz_1,

Thanks for the details, I've escalated this to our email admins. I'll post back once I have any news or instructions. Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Robert, I appreciate you confirming that it's resolved, happy to see it!

-Liz

Hi halldcaz_1,

Quick turnaround from the email admins- we'd like to see if this issue persists on a test e-mail account.

At your convenience, please create a new HughesNet e-mail account and add it to Microsoft Live Mail.

If you're still unable to access this test account via your email client, please privately message me the test e-mail address and its password so our admins can investigate further.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Liz

Thank you all are great, it is working now!!! I don't know what you did but keep it up.

Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for speaking up. Let's get more details so we can see what's going on. Please let me know the following:

-When did you first notice this issue?

-Which mail client are you using?

-Is this happening on multiple devices?

-Can you access your email via webmail? (Meaning, by clicking the MY EMAIL link in the top right corner of this website, bypassing your email client.)

-Private message me which e-mail addresses are currently affected.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Don,

We didn't do anything, perhaps your e-mail client needed time to catch up. In any case, glad it's working for you again. Feel free to drop by the community again if you have any other concerns!

-Liz