cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erinjo0316
New Poster

Usage Meter

So I am curious.

I moved about 3 months ago and we unplugged and removed the modem from the house that has the satelite for the internet.  However each month my usage is still maxed out and stated on the website I have 0gb remaining for the month for service plan data.  Additionally the "bonus zone" has that gbs were used.

Thanks for any info

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@erinjo0316 

The data can't refill until the modem is reconnected, so it will continue to show the data level from when the modem was disconnected, as maratsade alluded to.  

Once the modem is reconnected to the HughesNet dish the data will reset/update within a few minutes.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I'm not sure what you are saying about moving the modem. Did you move to another house and just plug in the modem without a tech moving the dish and updating the service for the new location?

Confused about what exactly you did. So you have updated service but the modem is stuck? 

maratsade

Erin, what may be happening is the website is showing the information that was there when the modem was last used.  

erinjo0316 wrote:

So I am curious.

I moved about 3 months ago and we unplugged and removed the modem from the house that has the satelite for the internet.  However each month my usage is still maxed out and stated on the website I have 0gb remaining for the month for service plan data.  Additionally the "bonus zone" has that gbs were used.

Thanks for any info

GabeU

@erinjo0316 

The data can't refill until the modem is reconnected, so it will continue to show the data level from when the modem was disconnected, as maratsade alluded to.  

Once the modem is reconnected to the HughesNet dish the data will reset/update within a few minutes.  

Liz

Good morning erinjo0316,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. What Gabe said is correct, the modem needs to be reconnected to update and display the correct usage info. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!