Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter download

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Usage meter download

@KathyVoss wrote:

I apologize for the inconvenience, I will pass your feedback on to management.

Sad to see the desktop apps no longer being supported. I was one of the people that provided some recommended mods to the javascript code.

I guess my questions are:

1. How long will the current app continue to operate? And,

2. If no app will replace this one, would it be possible for someone to publish an API so that people like myself could possibly build a replacement (obviously less the token purchase and mailbox capabilities)?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote: 

2. If no app will replace this one, would it be possible for someone to publish an API so that people like myself could possibly build a replacement (obviously less the token purchase and mailbox capabilities)?

I hope that they allow this if it's going stop working on 8/1.  Then again, I'm hoping against hope that they change their mind about it.  It's very convenient.  You look at the ring and instantly know where you are in the month, and if you need more detailed info it's a simple double click.  No need to go to a web page.  No need to sign into anything.  It's just there and instantly available to see.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Associate Professor

The only way the Usage part is going to stop working is if they alter the modem firmware, because that's what the app talks to for that info.

Other parts talk to a server down range. Those particular things might get disrupted with changes at the server (e.g. database info), but I would think the current usage part would remain operational.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

I still can't download the executable.  EDIT: I thought that'd be available until Aug 1. Smiley Happy

@MarkJFine wrote:

The only way the Usage part is going to stop working is if they alter the modem firmware, because that's what the app talks to for that info.

Other parts talk to a server down range. Those particular things might get disrupted with changes at the server (e.g. database info), but I would think the current usage part would remain operational.

Highlighted
Teaching Assistant

Highlighted

Thanks, Reggie, but it's the link to the executable that doesn't work.  

HNmeterDLerror.jpg

Highlighted
Teaching Assistant

What OS do you have on your computer?
Highlighted

The device I wanted to add the meter to has Win 10 Pro.  However, if they're going to stop supporting the software, there will not be any more updates or fixing of issues, it may make no sense to install it on it. 

Highlighted
Teaching Assistant

The link says the meter will not work with WIN10. Scroll to the bottom of the link.
Highlighted

I have the usage meter installed on 3 Windows 10 devices.