cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter javascript error

Freshman

Re: Usage meter javascript error

None of this helps Mac users.  File structures are not the same.  I have been on with Hughes techs and they were zero help.  This is my results trying to run the app:

When starting:

Uncaught Exception:
Error: Error parsing your configuration file: [/Users/haroldmurphy 1/Library/Application Support/HughesNet Usage Meter/status-meter.conf]: Unexpected end of input
at File.loadSync (/Applications/HughesNet Usage Meter.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/nconf/lib/nconf/stores/file.js:160:11)
at Provider.add (/Applications/HughesNet Usage Meter.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/nconf/lib/nconf/provider.js:137:23)
at Provider.file (/Applications/HughesNet Usage Meter.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/nconf/lib/nconf/provider.js:63:15)
at new Config (/Applications/HughesNet Usage Meter.app/Contents/Resources/app/js/lib/config.js:29:10)
at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/Applications/HughesNet Usage Meter.app/Contents/Resources/app/app.js:100:23)
at emitOne (events.js:82:20)
at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:169:7)

When quitting:

Uncaught Exception:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'read' of null
at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/Applications/HughesNet Usage Meter.app/Contents/Resources/app/app.js:373:24)
at emitOne (events.js:82:20)
at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:169:7)

I have deleted, reinstalled, restarted, re downloaded ad nauseaum and have posted on the Apple community.  The 6.6.1 meter program worked on my late 2009 iMac running 10.13.2 but my new 2017 iMac running 10.13.2 won't.  Both Apple and Hughes need to look at this problem and stop pointing at each other.

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

@gmlsmk10 wrote:

None of this helps Mac users.

I'm a Mac user and in EVERY reply I tell people to:

1. quit the application,

2. delete the entire /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/HughesNet Usage Meter/ folder,

3. restart it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Sophomore

Is this still considered to be THE BEST way tto deal with this problem?

C0RR0SIVE

Assistant Professor

"Re: Usage meter javascript error

Vampy,

Try uninstalling the status meter and usage meter from your system, then navigate to C:\Users\Vampy\AppData\Roaming\HughesNet Usage Meter\, and delete anything that desides in that folder.  Also navigate to c:\program files\hughesnet-usage-meter and delete anything that may reside in that folder.  Then download and install the latest version (Should be 6.6) and see what happens."

I reported mine so long ago I have just about learned to get along without this very useful tool.  There were so many answers and so much confusion, I just decided to leave it alone because I was afraid I would cause more problems.  If this problem has a real fix, could someone please give me detailed instructions on what to do, how to do it and how to get there?  I sure would like to have that tool back.

RG
Sophomore

Downloaded today ,it crashed so deleted both old and "new" Hughes please FIX it!
New Poster

Thank you SO much for your fix. I too had installed and uninstalled the latest version of the status meter four times with the same error message occurring. I just did your "fix' and viola` it's working like a charm. You're the best!! Thanks again. 

Freshman

2. delete the entire /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/HughesNet Usage Meter/ folder,

Thanks but,   there is no Library folder under my user name, there is a Library in the System folder but no hughes, under Macintosh HD is a Library folder with Application Support folder but no hughes folder, also no hughes under HD/System Folder/Application Support folder only contains an AppleWorks folder.

I have accessed the folder via a terminal to see any files that might be hidden and no hughes.

Assistant Professor

How can there be no folder, when the error said there was:

"/Users/haroldmurphy 1/Library/Application Support/HughesNet Usage Meter/status-meter.conf"

Delete the "/Users/haroldmurphy 1/Library/Application Support/HughesNet Usage Meter" folder.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

EXACTLY

Freshman

I have just looked through a back-up of my old computer and the folders/files also do not exist but the hughes app is and it worked on that computer. I have run disk utility first aid on new HD, reinstalled the 6.7 version and it still does not work.

Assistant Professor

The '1' seems to indicate you have two users set up with the name 'haroldmurphy'. Are you sure there's not another hidden one, since Apple just loves to do that with Library folders.

What if you open a Terminal and type (without the '> '):

> ls -la ~/Library/Application\ Support/HughesNet\ Usage\ Meter

if it returns a list of files, you should be able to type (again, without the '> '):

> rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/HughesNet\ Usage\ Meter

to get rid of it.

Edit: While you're in there, you might want to type:

> ls -la /Users

to see if you do in fact have multiple directories named 'haroldmurphy' in there.