cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Data Saver missing...

Re: Video Data Saver missing...

Hi Gabe!

Thanks for the details, I hope this might be useful for the devs. I'll send this along. I hope you have a happy new year, too. Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Distinguished Professor II

Well, here were are again.  

I tried restarting the modem, both by power cycling and through the SCC, and I closed the meter and deleted the HughesNet Usage Meter folder so it could repopulate when I restarted it.  Nothing made a difference.  It's just not there right now.  Smiley Sad  

I also tried to play an HD video, just to see if maybe the VDS wasn't working at all, but it seemed to be, as the HD video was buffering a lot.  So, there's just no way to shut it off or snooze it. 

Also, I know it's Saturday night and you (Liz) and the devs aren't here on the weekends.  Maybe it will be working again tomorrow.  It's funny that quite often when I don't need it, it's there, and often when I do, it's not.  I've got to flip that around.  Smiley Tongue 

Settings.png

Usage Meter.jpg

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Junior

Hi Gabe,

The same thing happens to me on a regular basis. The only thing that has worked for me is restarting my computer. Sometimes I have to do this only 2 or 3 times, but there have been times I could not watch youtube videos for several days before The Video Data Saver magically came back.

I have brought this to HughesNet attention more than once but it keeps happening once or twice a month. .

Highlighted

@rustythecur

Interesting.  When it happens like this, nothing seems to do the trick.  I've had it happen before where a restart, whether the computer, modem, or both, does the trick, but when it happens like the present nothing works.  I've tried everything I can think of, but there's nothing there.  Smiley Sad

Hopefully the devs are still keeping a log of what's going on.  I'm lucky that I didn't really need to turn it off for anything, and I was still able to watch a couple of youtube vids in 480p without a problem.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@GabeU wrote:

@rustythecur

................................but when it happens like the present nothing works.  I've tried everything I can think of, but there's nothing there.  Smiley Sad

I've never been able to find the elusive critter.

@Liz

If you see this before you leave, should I leave my modem plugged in when I log off this evening?  I don't know if it helps with anything.  

Hi Gabe,

Thank you for your latest updates, I'll send these over as well. To be on the safe side, yes, please leave the modem powered on, thank you!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

@Liz wrote:

Hi Gabe, 

Thank you for your latest updates, I'll send these over as well. To be on the safe side, yes, please leave the modem powered on, thank you! 

Will do.  Thanks, Liz.  Smiley Happy

Shortly before getting online this evening I power cycled my modem, which had been plugged in since last night.  This was a little after 7:00PM EST.  A few minutes after the power cycle I started my desktop.  When I looked, the VDS control was there, both on the Usage Meter and the My Account site tab.  Hopefully it will stick around for a while this time.  Smiley Tongue 

If anyone did something to fix it, thank you.  Smiley Happy 

Thanks Gabe! I'll send this over, hopefully it will help give insight to our engineers. Personally I haven't gotten confirmation from them that they did anything to resolve this for you.

Thanks,
Liz