Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Data Saver missing...

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Video Data Saver missing...

@Liz wrote:

Thanks Gabe! I'll send this over, hopefully it will help give insight to our engineers. Personally I haven't gotten confirmation from them that they did anything to resolve this for you. 

Maybe the VDS just gets tired and has to take a break for a while.  Then, after it's good and rested, it pops back in for more work.  Smiley Tongue  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@Liz 

Just letting you know that the VDS is playing hide and seek again.  Smiley Tongue  

I power cycled the modem, shut down and restarted the Usage Meter, and deleted the Usage Meter folder in the Roaming folder, like is done for the Javascript error.  Nothing caused it to reappear.  It's missing on the My Account site (Settings tab is not there), as well.  I haven't checked the mobile app, but I'd put money on it not being there, either.  

I'll be leaving in a hour or so, but I'll leave my modem plugged in.  

BTW, it disappeared yesterday, too.  Well, I should say that it wasn't there when I checked.  However, I shut down and restarted the Usage Meter, and within a couple of minutes it was back.  I didn't check the My Account site for the Settings tab when I noticed that it was missing from the Usage Meter, but when it was back I did, and the tab was there.  So, that little glitch may or may not have been related.  

I see there's another person who posted about the VDS disappearing, though they mention a pattern that I haven't noticed.  Then again, I haven't really been paying attention. I should start writing it down, just to see if there is one for me.  

Thanks.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Thanks for the update! I'll let engineering know ASAP!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Professor

My VDS is missing too.  

vds-missing.png

Thanks for chiming in maratsade, I'll send over your info to engineering too. 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Adjustments were made so Gabe and rusty in the other thread should see the VDS setting return in about 30 min. Curious to see if this applies to everyone or just those too, so maratsade, please check if VDS returns for you in 30 min as well.

Thanks,
Liz

Wow.  That was quick!  Mine's back already, in both the Meter and on the My Account site (Settings tab).  I had to close the open Community and My Account pages and reopen them (and sign back in) for it to reappear, but it's there.  Smiley Happy  

Thanks, Liz!!!

Professor

It hasn't returned yet.  EDIT:  And now it has.  Smiley Happy

EDIT 2: what's sad is I never noticed it was gone until today.  D'oh.

@Liz wrote:

Adjustments were made so Gabe and rusty in the other thread should see the VDS setting return in about 30 min. Curious to see if this applies to everyone or just those too, so maratsade, please check if VDS returns for you in 30 min as well.

Aha, interesting. Thanks maratsade!

Thanks,
Liz

Professor

Tested the snooze button just for giggles -- even though it says 4 hours, the clock counts down from 9 hours.