Hughesnet Community

Voice service and Internet will not work with Cisco ATA after Storm, Internet Spotty Through Modem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anneginmo
Freshman

Voice service and Internet will not work with Cisco ATA after Storm, Internet Spotty Through Modem

Hello~Last night (4/1) during and after storm, our internet and voice were down. All cell phones and laptops work with HT2000W Modem powered up and ATA Router powered down/disabled, but when we try to connect cisco ATA router (SPA 122) for our phone service following instructions in HughesNet Voice quick start up guide we lose service. Our service will also fail after 10-15 minutes with our laptops and cell phones through our modem, the service light will just go out on our modem and we have to power everything off and on again.

While we have had voice issues over the years with it not working, it usually resolves itself after unplugging or time. Could something have happened after the storm? Our voice router is probably 7 years old.

Not sure what else to do! Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I wonder if the storm fried your ATA router.  Sounds like something may have happened to your modem too. 

Hopefully the reps on this site can help you with this. Likely one or more will be around tomorrow during business hours.  I hope they get back to you quickly. 

Thank you, it is very strange. Is this forum the best way to get ahold of tech support for possibly a new ATA or a service call? We can't use our phone and do not get cell service to talk to anyone. Should I post another service ticket somewhere or does this forum contact tech support?

maratsade

You can always call customer service ((866-347-3292), but the reps on this forum are at the corporate level and can do more to help you than the phone reps. Still, having a ticket with the phone reps may help. 

You don't have to post another service ticket here. The reps will see your post when they come back (hopefully on Monday....the holiday  could mess things up a bit, though).  

I suggest you leave the equipment plugged in, as the reps will try to ping it to see what's going on, and they can't do that if the equipment is unplugged. 

I do hope this gets resolved for you soon. It stinks when things happen on the weekend. 

Thank you, I can't leave the ATA router plugged in because that affects our modem. We lose internet and the service light goes off.

Hopefully they can figure something out remotely and contact me through this site because we don't have phone service.

Appreciate the response.

maratsade

Gotcha. Wait until the reps reply to you with next steps. I hope this gets resolved quickly. 

anneginmo,

Thanks for reaching out! It seems to be your first post here. Welcome to the Community! I was able to find your HughesNet account through your Community profile, which makes things a bit easier. After running some diagnostics, I'd like to see if an ATA swap will do the job. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old ATA. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Let me know how the new ATA works out for you!

Thanks,
Remy

anneginmo
Freshman

Thanks Remy, I appreciate the quick response. Will another cord/cable be mailed with the ATA as well? 

anneginmo,

All of the necessary supplies to hook your replacement ATA up should be provided in the box! Please let us know how the setup goes!

Thanks,

Remy

Thank you for sending another ATA quickly. It works! It was an easy set-up. 🙂 We hooked up the blue cord following instructions. What is the extra green port on the back of the ATA for? Why would we connect another device to the ATA when we have the modem with 4 ports? Just curious. Our laptop connected to our modem seems to work well. Thanks again for getting this out and helping with our voice issue. We appreciate it because we do not get cell service at the house!

Hello, We received our new ATA and hooked it up with customer support last night. We were able to make a call last night and this morning. We are able to receive calls. I tried to make 2 additional calls this morning and it says, "the number you are trying to reach is not in service". We know they are in service. 

Also, caller ID says ROBO before the name. Suggestions? We have already tried turning the modem and router off and on.