Web Acceleration failing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GW
Advanced Tutor

Web Acceleration failing

Recently my HT2000W with current Software Version: 3.4.6.26 (M) has been going to failure on Web Acceleration showing yellow on System Status page link and showing the Down status and red X for Web Acceleration under System Status. This is with RSS of 80-90.

Under Diagnostics on the Advanced Configuration page it's been showing the red X virtually all the way across for DNS Acceleration (N) on both Hourly History and Current Hour History graphs.

I've been able to fix it momentarily by disabling/re enabling under Web Acceleration/Control. This would bring my System Status light back into the green for a little while but would go back to yellow and the red X very quickly. Resetting MBX seemed to have no effect.

I could only keep the Web Acceleration enabled for seconds early this morning so I bit the bullet and called in to Tech Support for a remote fix. After 40 minutes of going around in circles with phone rep, he finally sent some codes to the modem and helped the problem. I haven't seen yellow status and the red X for Web Acceleraration under System Status ever since but the Hourly and Current Hour graphs are still showing lots of red for the DNS Acceleration (N) item.

It works okay but the question is... does this type of problem indicate modem failure as a coming event? This modem has been in service for a few years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi GW,

Good news, we got an update before we go into the weekend! Engineering has applied changes in your area, so please monitor performance for any improvement.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
GW
Advanced Tutor

Sometimes it acts like it's getting better. For instance, at this moment I have all green checks on the hourly history and only 8 red x on the daily chart.

But, it really isn't getting better at all. My internet has been impaired or non-functional 36 hours out of 6 days. Some of the uplink/downlink outages are due to weather but unless I'm getting cut off by bad weather up at the gateway end, not very much.

Yes, all power is clean and good with no recorded noise at all lately. Only a few blacks but no browns or overvoltage. All connections are secure and tight. I don't use surge protectors. All of my important network bits and pieces run on UPS. Speaking of UPS, my driver was here yesterday so I sent my old modem return with him.

Here's the most recent 1½ days of history. Pretty ridiculous.

state code monitor 6-30 930 am.JPG

state code monitor 7-1 1130 am.JPG

state code monitor 7-1 10 pm.JPG

GW
Advanced Tutor

Hey Remy, I just noticed something promising. This thing hasn't thrown any codes since a 20.2.1 associated with a bad thunderstorm late yesterday afternoon. Maybe the wizards are getting the problems sorted out.

Edit: I just noticed another positive sign. The diagnostic code is a steady 0000.0000.0000.0005 for the past 12 hours.

GW
Advanced Tutor

Good news @Remy. It appears to be fixed. Only one thunderstorn series of failures and one 30.1.1 failure over the past 2½ days. Huge, monumental improvement over the revolving disaster that began nearly nine days ago with the installation of the replacement modem.

The hourly graphs are pretty clean now. Only a few red x showing with the same DNS Acceleration (N) but those blips aren't bad enough to throw a state code. The diagnostic codes are hanging in with 0000-0000-0000-0005 most of the time.

Thanks for getting this fixed for me. I'll post back if it goes down the tubes again but it sure appears to be business as usual now.

state code monitor 7-4 11 am.JPG

GW
Advanced Tutor

Update: The web acceleration crashed hard again this morning. The modem logged 25 transitions to 30.1.1 for a duration of 3¾ hours between 5:30 and 11 AM. Then we had a late morning thunderstorm that caused a slew of expected uplink/downlink state codes. The good news is, that fixed the total disater with the web acceleration. No more errors since the storm got off us 8½ hours ago

BTW, no number of MBX resets or cycling the WA control made a difference this morning. Please pass this along to the wizards. Maybe this will give them a clue.

Edit: Web Acceleration is back to the original pattern. It started going down shortly before 5 AM and is now crashing on 30.1.1 about twice an hour.

GW,

So no errors at all since that point? Interesting. Good to hear! I'll pass this along, please let us know if you have any issues with this going forward.

Thanks,

Remy

GW
Advanced Tutor

Oh jeez @Remy  Wall to wall 30.1.1 errors since Sunday morning. Please read all the messages. You missed the Sunday message and the Monday edit. Something is still badly broken.

Here's today's update. 20 Web Acceleration failures between 5 AM and 2 PM today for a total of 3½ hours of impaired operation. Today

@Lizcan you please get me some help with this? I was sent a refurb modem but it just goes on and on and on.

state code monitor 7-7 5 am.JPG

state code monitor 7-7 2 pm.JPG

Hi GW,

As Remy has previously explained, the 30.1.1 code is a result of an event on the HughesNet side, so an equipment swap at your site won't have an effect on that code. 

We've inquired about this with our engineers and will let you know once we have any news from them to share.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GW
Advanced Tutor

Thank you @Liz  I know it's a network problem and it sure is a strange one.

Wednesday morning update. As of this moment, only 1 transition to 30.1.1 has occurred since 5 PM yesterday. It went from 282 to 283 in 15 hours while there were 10 transitions between 2 PM and 5 PM yesterday. Too weird.

GW
Advanced Tutor

Thursday morning update: No 30.1.1 failures from 5 PM Tuesday through 4 AM this morning. Now, 12 transitions to 30.1.1 between 4 AM and 8 AM.

state code monitor 7-9 4 am.JPG

state code monitor 7-9 8 am.JPG

GW
Advanced Tutor

Friday update: @Liz, It slowed down a bit. Only 19 transitions to greatness between 8 AM yesterday and 8 AM today. Is there any hope of getting this fixed any time soon? I have to do the windows updates on 4 computers next week and I'm afraid it will be a nightmare. I can't even do the google play updates on my phone over wifi unless I catch it right. It took about a half hour this morning to get 106 MB of updates completed

Unfortunately, I like to do most of my work and all of my updates between 4 am and 8 am when I'm in the Bonus Zone but that's when the crashing is most severe. I can use my phone to do all the windows updates but carrier restrictions require me to use a VPN which doesn't always work out well. I try to avoid it.

state code monitor 7-10 8 am.JPG

GW
Advanced Tutor

@Liz  62 disruptions in the last 36 hours. I think the best thing I can do is reboot the modem and codes and keep the web acceleration turned off until we can get this fixed.

state code monitor 7-11 830 pm.JPG

Good morning GW,

Just letting you know that our engineers are still investigating this. I'll post back once I have news from them to share.

Have a good weekend!

-Liz

Hi GW,

Good news, we got an update before we go into the weekend! Engineering has applied changes in your area, so please monitor performance for any improvement.

Thanks,

Liz

GW
Advanced Tutor

Hi Liz,

I've had the Web Accelation turned off for the duration and was going to turn it back on today to see about things. I did three of my windoze updates this week during early morning bonus time and they all went well. No glitches and thankfully so because they were all major upgrades to Win 10 Pro version 2004. I did my last computer this morning  It also went well and seemed to go much quicker but this was my main network computer with no wifi.

Fortunately I was able to get all the updates done in the Bonus Zone but I get up early anyway. They totaled almost 14 GB in my hourly history. That's some sick stuff. The windoze data hog strikes again. 

After finding your latest message just now I looked at the modem and see they turned on the Web Acelleration, rebooted my modem and cleared codes for me yesterday afternoon. No codes ever since. Good stuff.

Thank you Liz. With all faith I have in you that's built up over the years, I know it's safe to mark this one solved.

Good to see, thanks GW. If you have any other concerns with your internet performance, feel free to drop by again!

Thanks,

Liz