modem overheatind power light red

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aria
New Poster

modem overheatind power light red

I tried talking to tech support and was advised could not replace modem until it completely failed and that I should just shut off pc. The last time the red power light went red modem stopped working and did not have internet for three weeks.

I live in a forest fire  area and if no internet there is no way to get evacuation warnings or check on where fire is at as I do not get cell phone service where I live so depend on internet for warnings .I have land line phone service but have a hearing disability and do not heat clearly on phone and land line service not reliable.   Would like to replace modem before something happens.

I even offered to buy a modem but told no I could not do that but would have to wait until modem went out .

Please advise

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Remy

aria,

Thanks for reaching out! I see it's your first post. Welcome to the Community! I was able to find the account connected to your Community profile, making it simple to check into the account. I'm going to be sending you a replacement modem, to hopefully fix the overheating issue. Please be sure there is nothing surrounding the modem, and that it's in a well-ventilated area. In the meantime, if the modem begins to overheat again, please unplug it from the outlet. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Thanks,

Remy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The reps here can check your modem remotely to see what's going on. Hang in there until they check and they will give you next steps, which may include sending you a replacement modem.  

Remy

aria,

Thanks for reaching out! I see it's your first post. Welcome to the Community! I was able to find the account connected to your Community profile, making it simple to check into the account. I'm going to be sending you a replacement modem, to hopefully fix the overheating issue. Please be sure there is nothing surrounding the modem, and that it's in a well-ventilated area. In the meantime, if the modem begins to overheat again, please unplug it from the outlet. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Thanks,

Remy