Hughesnet Community

modem shuts down

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Poster

modem shuts down

I was just hooked up last week and everything worked great for the 1st two days. After that the modem shuts down about every 5-10 minutes even when not in use. It boots back up 3-4 minutes later

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi 7155570761,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, and your diagnostics are showing no unusual reboots like before, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Have a good weekend!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Liz

Hello 7155570761,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I pulled up your account to investigate and sent a command to your modem. Please monitor its performance and let me know if it's still rebooting constantly.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

still shutting down

still having issues with the modem shutting down?

Hi 7155570761,

Thank you for the update. I've sent another command to your modem, please let me know if by tomorrow the rebooting has stopped. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

it is still rebooting 

Hi 7155570761,

Thank you for letting me know. Let me escalate this to our corporate engineers and I'll update you once I have any news to share.  Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Hi 7155570761,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, and your diagnostics are showing no unusual reboots like before, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Have a good weekend!

-Liz

Hi,
I'm very new to all of this...I am having this problem and it was just set up today...I think I emailed myself. How do I get to the tech? Yes, I am sad😥
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Nanaboo1 

It would be best for you to start a new topic for your issue in order to keep it separate.  You can do so here.

Make sure to describe the issue and any troubleshooting that may have been done thus far, if any.  

In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, and it's been more than a couple of hours since your installation, unplug the HughesNet modem at the wall outlet, wait for at least sixty seconds, then plug it back in.  After doing this, make sure to wait around five minutes before going back online, which should give the modem enough time to update and be ready.  This may help and it may not, but it's worth a try.

OMG!! Thank you a zillion times over for just responding!! I did unplug several times, but never waited 5 mins.
I really appreciate your help!
Thanks again and stay safe
GabeU

@Nanaboo1 wrote:
OMG!! Thank you a zillion times over for just responding!! I did unplug several times, but never waited 5 mins.
I really appreciate your help!
Thanks again and stay safe

You're very welcome.  🙂

New Poster

my modem is still acting up, rebooting every 5-10 minutes

GabeU

@7155570761 

Please continue with your original thread.  When the reps get a chance, they will reply.  

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/modem-shuts-down/m-p/122651#M82223

Edit:  The threads were subsequently combined.  🙂

Liz

Hi 7155570761,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers looked into this for you. They found that something inside the modem got stuck, which caused this unusual rebooting. I've sent you a free replacement modem.

Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

Thanks,

Liz