Hughesnet Community

"This page can't be displayed" Joined HughesNet 9 days ago & on phone w/cust. svc. over 10 hrs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stongate
Sophomore

"This page can't be displayed" Joined HughesNet 9 days ago & on phone w/cust. svc. over 10 hrs

In IE, states "This Page can't be displayed, in Safari, states cannot connect with server, in Chrome, states I am offline.

Time of day does not matter and device does not matter. Have cleared cache, connected device directly to modem with ethernet cable, changed DNS address, restarted modem and device.

It appears "Amanda" Moderator was able to help "Don4" on 6-20-2016 and seems to have resolved his issue.  I am at my wit's end. 

Please HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update, service technician came to the house and replaced the radio receiver on the external dish at my house on July 23rd. I have had almost no downtime since it was replaced.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

If you was connected directly, and had no connection to the guest wifi network, then you should have been able to access http://192.168.0.1 when you could get to a few websites.

I know I should be able to get to 192.168.0.1 when I'm connected directly and not on any wifi networks but the fact remains that I cannot. That's why this is so frustrating. I know what it should be doing, I'm reporting what is actually happening and no one believes it.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I believe it.  I have no reason not to.  I just can't, for the life of me, figure out why it won't connect to it. 

One of the difficult things is that one of the more adept people could probably figure it out pretty quickly were the computer in front of them, or at least figure out where the problem lie even if it couldn't be fixed right away, but that's the unfortunate thing about trying to do it through this Community, or any other form of social media, for that matter.  It's frustrating, for sure, as it is for you, too.

I feel for you.   

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

May seem obviuos but have you tried a new, known good, ethernet cable?

Yes, that was asked of me earlier and I made sure I had a known, good, new ethernet cable.

Hello stongate,

This is a pretty interesting problem you've got and I'd like to help out. After looking at your system I see there are 2 devices currently connected to the 2.4Ghz wireless band with MAC addresses ending in 3c:18:8a and 6b:fb:e3 (last one is showing as an Android device). There are currently no devices detected on the 5Ghz band or wired LAN connection. This does not mean something isn't connected, but might be powered off or asleep.

So I want to break this down based on the infromation I have so far:  

1. None of my devices recognize the IP address 192.168.0.1...

1a. ...but all devices can load google, yahoo, Facebook websites.

2. When I use search engine for Google I can't click on any other links of websites I want to visit. 

In regards to 1 and 1a, can you try visiting http://systemcontrolcenter.com instead of the IP address?

For 2 if you can get to google but not the results, this is usually a caching issue. Does that same behavior occur on all your devices?

Lastly, can you try to ping a few sites in command prompt? 192.168.0.1, google.com are good starts. Let us know the results. I hope this helps us move forward faster on getting your issue resolved.

Thank you

Amanda

As of this minute, everything is working ok but I have had to unplug the modem 30 minutes and then plug back in. Everything worked fine from about 530 Friday afternoon until about 10am Saturday morning. The Google not loading search pages is not a cache issue. I clear out the cache every time I close IE. Regarding 1 & 1a, when I can't get 192.168.0.1 to load I can't get systemcontrolcenter.Com to load either. When I can't get that to load I can't ping other websites either. I will update you as to when Internet access goes down again.
I have had access on 3 separate occasions for more than an hour with a total of 20 hours of access over 19 days.

As expected, sometime between the time I went to bed last night and when I got up this morning I lost Internet connection again.

Update, service technician came to the house and replaced the radio receiver on the external dish at my house on July 23rd. I have had almost no downtime since it was replaced.

168, not 169.