cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

treasurydirect.gov not accessable on Hughesnet

mkglish
New Poster

treasurydirect.gov not accessable on Hughesnet

When I try to access treasurydirect.gov using Hughesnet I get this error. Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to www.treasurydirect.gov. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR Went to a local business and used their public wi-fi and the connection works just fine. Do I need to switch to a new ISP to access this particular site or is Hughesnet aware of the problem and working on a fix?
20 REPLIES 20
Remy

Re: treasurydirect.gov not accessable on Hughesnet

mkglish,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Community! We strongly recommend power cycling your modem by unplugging it from the power supply, and leaving it unplugged for at least a minute before reconnecting. This has resolved known treasurydirect.gov issues in the past. Please let us know if this resolves the issue! 

Thanks,

Remy

mkglish
New Poster

As requested I Unplugged modem, let sit for 5 minutes, plugged back in. No joy. Problem still exists. No change in error message. "Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to www.treasurydirect.gov. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR" Your help on resolving this will be appreciated. Mike Glish
mkglish
New Poster

Also, I saw a workaround to this problem by disabling Web Acceleration. My modem has Web acceleration shown as not supported so I can't try that workaround. Just an FYI. Mike Glish .
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@Remy ,

I tested this and I was able to replicate Mike's issue. Power cycling the modem didn't work. I then used a proxy and the page loaded.

mkglish
New Poster

How would I go about using a proxy as a workaround?
mkglish
New Poster

Thanks for the proxy suggestion. A little time with Google and I was able to access the site for what I need using a proxy server. I do hope Hughesnet fixes this soon because it is not the long term solution I need. Again, thanks. Dear Hughesnet - It is not the target website that is having the problem but since I could access it using a proxy server it shows the problem is definitely with you. Please, pleas fix it. I don't want to have to use this workaround for long. Mike G.
maratsade

Sorry I wasn't around to reply to you, Mike, about the proxy.  I used the first thing that popped up, which was hide.me, and it worked.  If you're going to do personal/private stuff, I'd investigate proxies some more and use a quality one that has a good privacy policy (there might be a fee for the better ones). 

Glad you were able to access the page. 

fox12
Sophomore

I am on a Mac, the link works fine for me.

maratsade

The issue may be a beam issue or an IP issue. It's likely not an OS issue. 

@fox12 wrote:

I am on a Mac, the link works fine for me.