Friending

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Friending

So how does "friending" work on this community?  What does it do? ETA: What is the advantage of friending other users?

8 REPLIES 8
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Makes it easier to communicate to them, and tag them in posts if needed.  Not sure what other features it may come with though as I didn't play with it on the test site.

Thanks,
C0RR

maratsade

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Makes it easier to communicate to them, and tag them in posts if needed.  Not sure what other features it may come with though as I didn't play with it on the test site.

Thanks,
C0RR

Yeah,  I didn't test it either. Not sure of the advantages.

Cheers, C0rr0sive.

How does one go about adding  another user as a Friend?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Gwalk900 wrote:

How does one go about adding  another user as a Friend?

Great question! A bit like trying to find Waldo, I sure haven't found how to do. Would think it'd be in the PM area but nope.

You're right, BirdDog. I knew I saw options to Friend or Ignore someone, but I couldn't remember where. Turns out that currently you can see those options when you read someone's PM:

pm.PNG

These buttons should also be on one's profile so that it's not necessary to send them a PM to see this screen, but I'm not seeing them. Cat Frustrated I'll check on this too.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Sure enough, clicking on a message in your inbox yields:

Liz Friend.PNG

After hitting the button we have this:

Liz II.PNG

maratsade

Still don't quite know what friending someone does... ETA: I tested the friending thing and the button changed from Friend to Unfriend.  Does the other person have to approve the friend request?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Liz wrote:

You're right, BirdDog. I knew I saw options to Friend or Ignore someone, but I couldn't remember where. Turns out that currently you can see those options when you read someone's PM:

pm.PNG

These buttons should also be on one's profile so that it's not necessary to send them a PM to see this screen, but I'm not seeing them. Cat Frustrated I'll check on this too.

Sure enough, there it is. Thanks for helping me find Waldo, sure is kind of a hidden feature but at least I know it is there now. Some short messages I don't even click to open it as can read entire text without doing so.