Hughesnet Community

I may get in trouble for this but..........

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I may get in trouble for this but..........

Just got rid of all the new Categories stuff at the top of the main page using Adblock. Did a manual element block and presto!

Now I'm going to be Barbara forever here.
81 REPLIES 81
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Thank You for the info.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

My list of blockable items doesn't seem to include the categories...
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You have to highlight it with your cursor.
maratsade

Nope, no dice. I have ADP, don't know if that makes a difference.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

What I have, have to select Block Element then select area with cursor. Like doing snip.

maratsade

Interesting, my ABP drop down menu looks totally different. But no matter! I had to add a companion extension, and then it worked. Woot! I guess we're both kicked off the board now.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Don't think so, I've done worse, lol. Like I said, I may be Barbara forever here in My Account, don't know what they can do to you.  : )
maratsade

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Oh pleeeese........it's Barbaaaraaa, I don't answer to Barb. Except this one time. : P
maratsade

Barbie?
GabeU

Awesome.  Thank you!

Now it's too bad I can't do the same when using IE.  
GW
Advanced Tutor

Hi Barbara. Greg here. You wanna swap some SAN? I got a DSS 747 here.

foxbrook
Sophomore

Thanks BD!
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Good morning all from Barbara.

Amanda

Hey all,

Just a quick update. I will hopefully be making an official post soon with more details (and apologies!) later in the day. 

If you're using a "loophole" to login to the community you are going to sometimes (more than likely) see someone else's SAN + Name. We wanted to stop this from happening but looks like it is not working out because of the "loophole". I know many of you are upset because we did not do enough testing, checking, high-level coding, etc, etc. Unfortunately I only get to be the solution in this case but we'll talk about that more later.

We've developed a way to fix this issue and will be doing another round of testing of it today, then we will roll it out to those we have seen post about it so far. If we need more info, we'll reply to one of your posts or comments to get your attention. 

In regards to the certificate issue on the old URL - that should be addressed on Monday. New users to the community will be directed to the correct URL when trying to access it via the Support Center. Those using bookmarks or manually typing in the old URL will be shown the certificate error, at least until Monday.  We'll post another update about that come Monday.

Regarding the e-mail verification and not receiving them/getting errors... Seems people tried over and over to get logged in, prompting a flood of these e-mail verification e-mails to basically storm our servers. Many of them did not make it through because of this, but after a lengthy conference yesterday, we managed to get both the emails flowing and the verification letters working. In this case, sometimes receiving more than one verification e-mail threw an error that you couldn't be verified.

Just wanted to say we know this is super frustrating and came without warning. We too were in the same situation with verification emails and logging in that you all were. Please know we have learned a very valuable lesson this week and are planning out better strategies for the future. 

Thanks
Amanda

P.S. Yes - we're going to work on the new categories layout, but want to get these game-breaking login issues fixed first. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Amanda, I was able to sign in with the email verification yesterday afternoon but still shows me as Barbara. So not the loophole causing it here.
maratsade

Thanks, Amanda and team for working so hard to get things fixed, and for keeping us in the loop. As frustrating as it was/is for community users,  I'm sure it's no picnic on your end. On my end at least all seems to be working just fine in terms of logging in to the community using my HN credentials, and all my info is correct. 
maratsade

Hi Barbara. Greg here. You wanna swap some SAN?
Please, not in a public forum!