cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing in each and every visit?

Instructor

Re: Signing in each and every visit?

There appears to be absolutely ZERO consistency with staying signed in.  One day I'm immediately signed out if I close the window, then the next day I only have to sign in once during the day and stay signed in, even if I close all Community windows.  The next day it's back to being immediately signed out again.  Yesterday was great.  I had to sign in once during my nearly twelve hours of coming in and out of the Community.  Today, I'm immediately signed out again when I close the window.  Sheesh!  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Teaching Assistant

Zero consistency is an understatement. Desktop WinXp, Desktop Win7. Desktop Linux Mint, Laptop Win7, Nook HD+ tablet and Samsung Galaxy tab4, everyone different and none stay the same.

As for accessing the site the Nook HD+ has to be the worst. Try to make a reply and keyboard departs before you can type a single letter. Repeated attempts result in repeated failures. It only happens on this site .. nowhere else.

Longer posts are 50/50 on if the graphics will post in the proper order or not give a HTML error.

At that rate I'll still be a freshman when Barb, Rose and Deepa graduate from college.

Junior

I concur with the consensus here. Credentials are going stale WAY too quickly.  I'm for some user-settable option to keep my credentials fresh/active.  This is common on forum sites.  The added irritant with this on the hughesnet forum for me is that the login process is unreasonably slow.

Teaching Assistant

" I'm for some user-settable option to keep my credentials fresh/active.  This is common on forum sites. "

YES! I'd like this option too. 

GW
Junior

C0RR0SIVE wrote:

They may be required to do something like this where financial information is at stake and they have so many customers now...  That's the only reason I can think of them having it set to log us out so quick and why each time the browser is closed the session gets terminated.

I looked around in my account and really don't find any financial information at risk other than the last four digits of a credit card. Good luck to anyone trying to guess the other 12 digits and the CVV.

Teaching Assistant

What other things could someone using your account do?  I can think of some things: buy tokens in your name, post in your name.... can they do anything else, like change your personal information? 

Instructor

maratsade wrote:

What other things could someone using your account do?  I can think of some things: buy tokens in your name, post in your name.... can they do anything else, like change your personal information? 

I don't know if there is a way someone could gleen one's sign on credentials from a community account that is set to remain signed in, but if they could, that opens up a whole other can of worms as the same credentials are used to sign in to view and change one's actual account information.  Name, address, email addresses, transactions on the account, etc.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi folks,

Thanks for the details on the login experience, this is helpful and we'll bring his up in our meeting this week. Hopefully we can find out a cause and resolution to this for you all.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted
Teaching Assistant

@GabeU, yes, that'd be pretty bad indeed!  I'd like the option to use with my machines at home, so I wouldn't be very concerned anyway. 

Sophomore

I started to make a new topic about this and this topic sgrang up as a suggestion.  The only other website I have to continuously log into is QVC.  What a pain and espeically when a site is as sloooow as this one.  Please make it more user friendly!  I don't even have to close out of the site all together.  Just a long period of inactivty (with a Community window open) can make me have to sign in again to post.