Hughesnet Community

Small(but VERY annoying!) bug, semi-related to the logout/logon stuff...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Small(but VERY annoying!) bug, semi-related to the logout/logon stuff...

Ok, so, I decide to come in, check around the community and haven't remembered yet to log in.  I go to a post, read, click "Reply" and start typing up a response, then click "Submit".  At this point I get to the logon screen and go, "Meh, forgot to log in", and click log in, and go about my business thinking like all forums and communities, the message is posted.  Shortly afterwards, I notice the system never accepted my reply, down the drain went several minutes of time if not longer.  

Sometimes I do some mild research mid-posting especially when it's really late and no one is online, to make sure my statements are accurate as possible.  If I spend half an hour doing research, making images/cropping them and uploading them, and I have forgotten to log in, there goes all my time down the drain.  I feel so defeated at that point that I don't even try to respond to the thread, I just abandon it, and leave the site out of frustration.

Also, this is easily done when trying to create a thread...  Basically, remove the "Start a topic" and "Reply" buttons, or poke Lithium and see what's happening as it's obvious that during the login process, the information isn't being saved.  I can easily see many customers ending up trying to post something, think it's posted, then be greeted by the login and go on, and the post never actually happens.

Thanks,
C0RR0SIVE

8 REPLIES 8
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I have had the same thing happen .. forget to log in or get an auto log off during a research period and lose the entire post.

It looks like we are not set up well for posts or replies longer than 12 words.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I've had the same issue happen several times, and yes, it is very annoying. I wonder if there is a switch that can be toggled on the admin side to avoid the problem. 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Me to! Very frustrating, would think it'd at least take you back to the screen with everything you typed and then allow to post it.

maratsade

"would think it'd at least take you back to the screen with everything you typed and then allow to post it."

That'd be a great option too.  

GabeU

Had this happen, too.  Since, though, I've been watching it like a hawk.  The auto logoff, IMHO, is a little too quick, and when you type something to post twenty minutes after you last checked something and you lose it, it's a bit frustrating.  So, again, I'm checking now every time, including with this post.  

Growing pains, no doubt.  

maratsade

"Growing pains, no doubt. "

Definitely a pain,and it does grow. Smiley Very Happy

Hi C0RR0SIVE and folks,

This is good feedback, I know how that can be annoying. Let us look into that to see if we can tweak something to make the auto-logout more forgiving and see what's up with that login bug. Once we have any news to share, I'll post back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor