Why so rude?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jlkkdk
Freshman

Why so rude?

Being a new user to Hughes net I had a question and came to the community to find help. I tell you I will not be back for anything here. Every question I read into was answered by a rude nasty comment. Usually saying "you have to manage your data that is not Hughes nets job" well having kids doing school remotely it is kind of hard to manage data when they have to go to school. And then telling people to use the internet between 2am and 8 am, yeah like I am going to wake my 12 year old up at 2 am to go to school which does not open until 9. All answered were rude and uncalled for. I will be cancelling my service with or without early termination fee because people come here for help not snotty, judge mental remarks.

11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Why do you think my answer was rude? I was merely pointing out facts related to the reality of satellite internet, and was in no way rude to you.  It's unfortunate that you will not pursue a sales call review based on an impression (and an erroneous one to boot). You may benefit greatly from the sales call review. What have you got to lose? The worst that can happen is you end up in the same situation you are now; but you could also benefit. Why not try it?

EDIT: I didn't tell you to use the Internet between 2-8 am. I told you some people do that. Of course it'd be your decision to do that or not; I was just mentioning what some people do. Using the Bonus Bytes to do things like downloading large files or updating devices frees up the Anytime data for other things, but you don't have to do it at all. I wasn't even suggesting you do it. 

As a brand new user coming here for help and advise being told that it is not Hughes net job to manage the way we use our data was rude. Especially when I said it was my kids using it all for school. Then you said to try between those ungodly times. I was never told any of what is happening. I was assured, and I asked several times during the call, if what I had would be enough enough and she said yes it will be plenty.  We come here for help not lectures. I am so distraught because my kids can not even do their school work not to mention can not even watch anything on tv. One would think you would be nice and try to offer different solutions instead of lectures with a holier then thou attitude to try to retain customers. Seems you are doing everything to drive them away.Now we pay money each month for a service that does not work and nobody can help except say buy tokens. We should be getting the service we pay for the way it was sold to us. And even if I put in a ticket how will you hear when the person I spoke to had their own kids running around screaming in the background. I am sorry I ever signed up for this. No wonder the sales person pushed it so hard because she knew how terrible the service is. Not only the service but the people meant to help is just as bad if not worse. 

Gee. I'm sorry you thought the answer was rude just because it wasn't the answer you were looking for.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@Jlkkdk 

No one was rude to you.  You asked questions and answers to those questions were given, as was advice.  

How you take those answers and advice is up to you, but you not getting the replies you sought, or your view of those replies being skewed by your anger and/or disappointment, does not make them rude.

Affialho1
Freshman

Rudeness has been my experience with HughesNet from the start, with the exception of the guy who installed the sattelite. I've tried to get help many times, was lied to about the service capabilities (and I do have the chat scripts and emails to prove it). I live in a rural area and thought I had done my due dilligence when I decided to try HughesNet. Now I'm stuck with the two year contract and have service that is really only good enough to power ONE Kindle Fire. Even trying to figure out how to cancel and how much it would cost has been a roller coaster. Decide to ride it until the end of the contract so I don't have to deal with the very rude, condescending and outright nasty people in this company. I have had the pleasure of talking down quite a few people in my area from joining their service and will keep on doing so. Also joined the throngs at the Better Business. I do blame myself though. I should have hung up on the representative that I called when I caught her on a lie, but decided to give it a go anyway. Hindsight is 2020...

maratsade

Several things:

1. Your post belongs under General Discussion, as the section you have posted under is for discussions specifically about this online community, not the service or the company. No biggie, though. 

2. How long have you had the service? If it's new enough and you feel the service was misrepresented during your sales call, you can ask for a sales call review. The way it works is, the HN reps here will pull the call, if it's still available, and listen to what was said by you and the rep.  If they find the service was misrepresented (and they have in the past), you may have some recourse regarding cost or termination.   If you're interested in having your sales call reviewed, you need to go to the myAccount and Billing area and click on the blue "Start a topic" button.  Provide the details of the call, especially the areas where you feel you were misled.  The reps here will investigate and get back to you via private message.

3. "Also joined the throngs at the Better Business."

If you have initiated a complaint with them (and keep in mind they are in no way a government agency; they are just intermediaries and have no authority whatsoever -- they also give HughesNet their highest rating, A+), then you will need to wait until the company replies to you through the bureau -- you will not get official replies here. 

4. Here is the schedule for the costs to cancel:

2020-11-17_16-51-02.png

5. Best wishes and good luck. 

Affialho1 wrote:

Rudeness has been my experience with HughesNet from the start, with the exception of the guy who installed the sattelite. I've tried to get help many times, was lied to about the service capabilities (and I do have the chat scripts and emails to prove it). I live in a rural area and thought I had done my due dilligence when I decided to try HughesNet. Now I'm stuck with the two year contract and have service that is really only good enough to power ONE Kindle Fire. Even trying to figure out how to cancel and how much it would cost has been a roller coaster. Decide to ride it until the end of the contract so I don't have to deal with the very rude, condescending and outright nasty people in this company. I have had the pleasure of talking down quite a few people in my area from joining their service and will keep on doing so. Also joined the throngs at the Better Business. I do blame myself though. I should have hung up on the representative that I called when I caught her on a lie, but decided to give it a go anyway. Hindsight is 2020...

As I noted - condenscending and rude. "No biggie" - it for sure is not a big deal for me to post a comment on a "community" board.  If you read my note again, I did not ask for any assistance or support. It strikes me funny that I got more info from a rep on a "community" board than I received from the expected customer service experts.  If the Better Business is not a concern, why wasn't I able to post when I had their initials, the 3 Bs, on my previous post? They might give your company an A+ rate (and I have to admit that it tricked me initially) - I should have stuck with the one star ratings given by the community at large. And again, you should not assume that I don't know about the Better Business credentials...

I've been paying for this service for six months now. I don't think they would have the ability to track the initial call anymore. Funny that no one mentioned that capability when I first called - 5 and 1/2 months ago.  I have given up on your company. 

maratsade

• Oh, bless your heart.
  • I am not a rep but a fellow subscriber. 
  • "No biggie" was not meant to be rude or condescending; how very sad that you interpreted it that way, though in hindsight, nor surprising.
  • I assume nothing about you, but you do appear to be  disgruntled customer who does not want help.  If you do not want help, this is not the community for you; this community is for those who have not given up and would like tech or account support. You may want to try social media, where your peers will enable you. 
  • They may be able to still track your call, but you don't seem to want any help, so you're wasting your time here. God bless. 

@Affialho1 wrote:

As I noted - condenscending and rude. "No biggie" - it for sure is not a big deal for me to post a comment on a "community" board.  If you read my note again, I did not ask for any assistance or support. It strikes me funny that I got more info from a rep on a "community" board than I received from the expected customer service experts.  If the Better Business is not a concern, why wasn't I able to post when I had their initials, the 3 Bs, on my previous post? They might give your company an A+ rate (and I have to admit that it tricked me initially) - I should have stuck with the one star ratings given by the community at large. And again, you should not assume that I don't know about the Better Business credentials...

I've been paying for this service for six months now. I don't think they would have the ability to track the initial call anymore. Funny that no one mentioned that capability when I first called - 5 and 1/2 months ago.  I have given up on your company. 

Maybe you should not be trying to “help” by impersonating a HN employee providing responses that you really shouldn’t be providing. Was I supposed to trust your rude responses? Is HughesNet aware of how you’re “representing” their company? No need for enablers, I can think for myself. Not a disgruntled customer either. As I mentioned, I have not bothered to pursue the issues with HN. Don’t care enough to do so. You seem to be a very small and angry person, trying to lower the level of the conversation. Bless your heart, dear.

@Affialho1 wrote:
Was I supposed to trust your rude responses?

I personally find the lack of self-awareness of many (if not most) of the people that complain in this forum for not getting the specific answers they sought with the expected level of patronization is astounding. It reeks of self-righteous entitlement.

Did you ever think that after answering the same things over and over again to things that may be easily searched might be better served by simple, bland, terse, easy-to-read responses?

Did you ever look in the topic descriptions or the purpose of this board as a forum for customer-to-customer help doesn't mean that people are representing the company?

Did you ever think that there's a chance your perception of things might not quite match up to reality?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@Affialho1 wrote:

As I noted - condenscending and rude.    

Which it wasn't.  maratsade's initial reply was nothing but informational, though YOUR reply in return fits your description.

1.  Explained the purpose of this section.

2.  Explained what to do to get help.

3.  Explained what happens when you file a complaint.

4.  Wished you luck.  

@Affialho1 wrote:

If you read my note again, I did not ask for any assistance or support.

You posted in a SUPPORT section of the HughesNet SUPPORT Community.  

@Affialho1 wrote: 

If the Better Business is not a concern, why wasn't I able to post when I had their initials, the 3 Bs, on my previous post?

Most people automatically use the three initials, and because this is a SUPPORT Community and not a complaint/rant site, they've banned the ability to use them.  If you simply want to complain and/or make rude comments about people, please do it elsewhere and leave this SUPPORT Community for its intended purpose... SUPPORT.