new site

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

new site

This is going to take awhile to get used to.

22 REPLIES 22
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Told ya it's gonna be a day or two of figuring things out for regulars. 🙂

❤️ signatures

Sure enough will.

Everyone gets a break from my long-winded replies. Going to be rough to post multiple pictures and keep things aligned with any accompanying text.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Well, for now since the test site is still up, you could always format it the way you want once over there and then I will get busy on making you a Macro...?  I think part of the whole formatting is automated so it fits screens of different sizes.

Hopefully I can get a chance to work on a couple and post them.

I have both sites open. In order to not get corn-fused one is open in IE and the other in FF. Even an old duffer should be able to tell one browser from another.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Who all can access the Your Thoughts on the Community board?

maratsade

OK. I ask because earlier when I posted that this board had disappeared, I was told it was because this board was not an open one but a testing one.  Guess they brought it back. Cool.

I think there was a blending of old posts that fit this category as well as a sanitized version of comments from the test site.

@maratsade wrote:

OK. I ask because earlier when I posted that this board had disappeared, I was told it was because this board was not an open one but a testing one.  Guess they brought it back. Cool.

Hey @maratsade I double checked it.. looks like the board itself moved but not the posts (I guess thats how it was supposed to work. I did not think the board was coming into the public version too so thats where I got lost...). I re-opened it, but the topics you had in there from yesterday and before were not migrated into this realm.

As for everyones feedback, bugs, reports, etc... keep them coming. Liz and I will get together and go through everything one by one.

Thanks

Amanda

maratsade

@Amanda, it's great to have the board back, even if the posts from the testing phase are not there. 🙂 

@maratsade the test site is still there as well as all the comments and posts made. The sites appear indentical but the addresses are different. Look at the address of you "invite email". It is different from the now active community address.

maratsade

Yep, both are there, but when I posted about the board having disappeared, I was referring to the Your Thoughts board with the communty.hughesnet.com URL.  It was there, then it wasn't, and now it is again. 🙂  The other one never went away.

Its Gremlins I tell ya, they are everywhere!

maratsade

@Gwalk900 wrote:

Its Gremlins I tell ya, they are everywhere!

Gremlins!

Gremlins have edited this post.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

maratside,

Be aware that certain names/words can't be said here anymore, and bypassing the filters can result in penalties in the future. 🙂

Thanks,
C0RR

maratsade

The unholy names shall not be uttered by me any more. Thanks, C0rr0sive!

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

maratside,

Be aware that certain names/words can't be said here anymore, and bypassing the filters can result in penalties in the future. 🙂

Thanks,
C0RR

Rather reminds me of some of the Harry Potter movies and Lord V ...... I better not say what can not be said>