$30 Discount for 6 months

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BGAL84
Freshman

$30 Discount for 6 months

About a year and ahalf ago, I had planned on canceling this service due to poor customer service and quite frankly very slow internet speeds.  Living in a rural community I have no other choice as this service is the best bang for the buck when it come to satellite internet.  I was offered a $30 discount for 6 months to hang on the this service, so of course I took it.  My internet speed is the 4g 10gb a month and was even given an extra 5gb a month to sweeten the deal.  My initial bill before the discount was around $77, with the discount a whopping total of $47 and some change.  This happened the first month, well the very next month and every month after that, my bill would come out saying that I owed right around $100 some odd dollars.  I would call back and explain to multiple agents as well as their "supervisors" what was going on, they would promise an additional 6 months and that the issue would be fixed the very next month.  Here it is going on almost two years since I have had the discount, in which I have had to call each and every month, in order for them to honor it.  The agents act like their doing me a favor, when they "credit" my account the charges that hughesnet charged me.  I asked them not to call it a credit but to just fix the issue that they have caused.  I am told each an every month that the issue would be resolved and this is the last 4 months that this discount will be given, as if their punishing me for their fu&* up.  I have lost countless hours on these phones calls trying to get it resolved and have fill out their multiple surveys.  Would like to see if someone on here can get this resolved....

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi BGAL84

Thank you for waiting. After investigating further I have found the following:

January 2017: $30 discount for 6 months is offered, to be a total of $180 in discounts.

Every subsequent call generally resulted in you receiving a credit from us, totaling in excess of $600 in credits. The discount amount promised was over-fulfilled by our agents providing continuous credits between May and December of 2017. Subsequent credits are in excess. I will be unable to apply any further credit to the account.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

and on a final note, Amanda, I did not ask for any of the credits or what have you, your agents offered them to me.  So therefore, they and your company should honor what you say your going to give, that is all I am saying. For all others that dont agree with me can stick it.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Amanda

Hello BGAL84,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us here. This sounds really frustrating and I would be more than happy to help get this resolved for you without further headaches. I've already located your account and will review the billing and account history to get an idea of what is going on.

Thanks,

Amanda

Still waiting.............

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Might want to give the mod some time to work on this. You'll hear from her when she's got something to tell you.  She hasn't forgotten you. 

Hi BGAL84,

I appreciate you waiting and I am sorry for the delay on responding about your case. I've been picking this issue apart and ran in to some difficulties because I have actually never seen this happen before. 

The agents did indeed offer and apply a $30 discount for 6 months back in January 2017, but as you stated the discount was not being put on your bill. I am not sure why this is and I need to sit down and discuss with someone here in our corporate billing team to sift through the back-end. 

There is the matter of making sure you are provided the credit you are due, and ensuring any credits moving forward are properly applied. I completely understand how it looks from your perspective as we're constantly telling you every month that we've escalated or fixed the problem and then the same thing happens. Fortunately, we are located in the headquarters and definitely have the ability to get this sorted out at the root. 

I need to add up all the charges and discounts applied to see if we still owe any back credit that hasn't been applied. I will have more information early next week and appreciate your patience while I get this solved once and for all. 

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi BGAL84

Thank you for waiting. After investigating further I have found the following:

January 2017: $30 discount for 6 months is offered, to be a total of $180 in discounts.

Every subsequent call generally resulted in you receiving a credit from us, totaling in excess of $600 in credits. The discount amount promised was over-fulfilled by our agents providing continuous credits between May and December of 2017. Subsequent credits are in excess. I will be unable to apply any further credit to the account.

Thank you,

Amanda

What about all my personal time that was lost?  Time I can never get back...what can you offer for that?

maratsade

They gave you $434.32 extra that you should not have had.  Maybe you should stop demanding more and move on. 

@BGAL84 wrote:

What about all my personal time that was lost?  Time I can never get back...what can you offer for that?

Maybe you should stick your busy body nose somewheres else...nobody asking you.

maratsade

It's  a peer to peer site -- you will get answers from other customers, as this is how the community is set up.   If you don't want people to respond to you, you can always use the private message system to email the Hughesnet people directly. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

YOU are the only one responding, get a life!

@BGAL84 wrote:

Are you tempting others to jump in? Oh, think you just did...

You know, for someone that came in here with an absolute horror story that turned out "error in your favor", you really know to dilute anyone's desire to help others.

Your credibility is shot. Jog on, mate...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Got one, thanks. You really ought to take your winnings and move on.

@BGAL84 wrote:

or?

@BGAL84 wrote:

or?

Or continue to embarrass yourself.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Maybe It's time to close this thread before it gets out of hand.

Good idea.

I agree, Reggie.

BGAL84, on a file note, I must reiterate that we will not be able to provide anymore credits or discounts to your account for quite some time. Our call center agents have already provided more than necessary.

~Amanda

and on a final note, Amanda, I did not ask for any of the credits or what have you, your agents offered them to me.  So therefore, they and your company should honor what you say your going to give, that is all I am saying. For all others that dont agree with me can stick it.

GabeU

@BGAL84 wrote:

Being that it's impossible to give you back your time, I would think that an extra $430+ is not bad.  The extra also works out to a little over $30 per month for thirteen months that have occurred beyond the original six month discount period.

If the issue you're experiencing is something that they have not been able to fix to your satisfaction, you always have the option of cancelling the service.