Bill is more than what the representative offered

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xiaojinjiang520
Sophomore

Bill is more than what the representative offered

I called on 8/4 try to connect the internet and the representative offered me $19.98 per month.And he guaranteed the price going to be the same for two years .But now it charged $59.99.I called the customer service,they denied what they offered me.So I wonder if anyone in the company can fit the problem!!!
16 REPLIES 16
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Have you checked your bill to see what the charges are?  The HN reps on this site will be back on Tuesday and they can look into what's going on. 

I called the customer service,they just told me $59.99 is the monthly plan payment.But before I connect the internet,the representative told me my monthly payment is $19.98 if I make deal with him at 8/4. And he said there won’t be any other charges.
maratsade

Right, I understand. But there are other charges such as taxes, for example, and other thinga. This is why I suggested you check your bill. But if you don't mind waiting, the reps here will be back Tuesday and hopefully they'll be able to figure things out for you.

xiaojinjiang520
Sophomore

I need internet for my kid schooling,so I chose HughesNet and give it call.The repressive offered me 19.98 dollar per month and he guaranteed it going to be the same price every month if I make deal with him at the day I called( it was August 4th). And I confirmed with him several times about if the price going to change in two years and If any other charges going to be added .He’s answer is very sure $19.98 is the final price for me.Yes,the first month was$19.98plus tax.But the second month jumped to $59.99.I called to the customer service and talk to the Supervisor.But so disappointed. The supervisor keep denying their worker used to offered that price . And he pointed that I was the one miss understood. I knew how to pronounce $19.98 and $ 59.99. I request them to review the phone records at 8/4.But he refuse and sent me on this website. I want someone from this company can review the phone records.And find out who is the one worked with me on 8/4. Fix the problem for me!!! Because lying to customer to get the contracts is fraud.Nobody like to be fooled by others!!!
maratsade

The reps here can check all this for you next week. 

EDIT: since your sales call was about a month ago, the reps on this site can pull it and check to see what the salesperson said and what you said.  

GabeU

To allay confusion and receive proper help, only one topic per issue is necessary.

The reps will likely combine this topic with the other.

Liz

Good morning xiaojinjiang520,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. To clarify, our lowest service plan starts at $59.99.

I'll post back once I get the results.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I understand you told me about the $59.99plane.BUT IT WAS NOT THE SALE REPRESENTATIVE TOLD ME!!! HE GUARANTEED ME $19.98 PER MONTH!!! DO PLEASE CHECK THE SALE CALL ON8/4. AND I NEED THE NAME OF THE SALE REPRESENTATIVE!
maratsade

The only call they can pull for you is the one you made prior to subscribing. They can check notes about other calls, if available, but that's it. And they will not provide you with the name of the representative. 

xiaojinjiang520 wrote:
I understand you told me about the $59.99plane.BUT IT WAS NOT THE SALE REPRESENTATIVE TOLD ME!!! HE GUARANTEED ME $19.98 PER MONTH!!! DO PLEASE CHECK THE SALE CALL ON8/4. AND I NEED THE NAME OF THE SALE REPRESENTATIVE!

What the HughesNet try to hide? THEY CAN REVIEW MY CALLS BUT NOT THE SALES REPRESENTATIVE? SO IS IT THE COMPANY TRY TO HIDE HIS FAKE OFFERING OR WHAT? OR THE RULE OF THE COMPANY IS SALES REPRESENTATIVE CAN OFFERED WHATEVER THEY WANT TO TRICK CUSTOMERS TO SIGN CONTACTS! AND THEN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE GOING TO DENIED EVERYTHING WHEN CUSTOMERS CALL TO COMPLAIN! AND THIS COMMUNITY WEBSITE JUST KEEP FOOLING CUSTOMERS WITHOUT SOLUTIONS!!!
GabeU

@xiaojinjiang520 

First, if your sales call is available they will review it to see what was said, just as Liz, a HughesNet representative, has told you in her reply.  Also, as she has clearly stated,"I'll post back once I get the results."

Secondly, please STOP spamming your rants in multiple topics.  Continuing to do so will succeed in nothing more than those rants being deleted and you getting yourself removed and banned from this community.

What the HughesNet try to hide? THEY CAN REVIEW MY CALLS BUT NOT THE SALES REPRESENTATIVE? SO IS IT THE COMPANY TRY TO HIDE HIS FAKE OFFERING OR WHAT? OR THE RULE OF THE COMPANY IS SALES REPRESENTATIVE CAN OFFERED WHATEVER THEY WANT TO TRICK CUSTOMERS TO SIGN CONTACTS! AND THEN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE GOING TO DENIED EVERYTHING WHEN CUSTOMERS CALL TO COMPLAIN! AND THIS COMMUNITY WEBSITE JUST KEEP FOOLING CUSTOMERS WITHOUT SOLUTIONS!!!
maratsade

• They're not hiding anything.
  • They can review the original sales call between you and the sales representative, and that's what they're working on right now.
  • They're not going to tell you who the sales rep is. If they need to discipline a sales rep, they will, but you will not be told about it, as it would be an internal matter and  none of your business. 
  • Calm down and wait until you hear from @Liz . Having a big unhinghed tantrum all over the site will not benefit you nor expedite matters. 
  • Using all caps makes you look deranged. 

xiaojinjiang520 wrote:

Wow,someone trick me and took extra money from my account is not my business!!! HOW MEAN YOU ARE?!
maratsade

You continue to misunderstand.  Best of luck to you.

xiaojinjiang520 wrote:
Wow,someone trick me and took extra money from my account is not my business!!! HOW MEAN YOU ARE?!

Liz

Hi xiaojinjiang520, 

Thank you for waiting, your sales call review has completed. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to go over the details.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!