Billing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoplinda
New Poster

Billing

Why can't I ever see how much my bill is until the day they take it out of my bank account? 

My actual bill says my due date is on the 25th.  I'm on autopay and my bank account gets debited on the 15th.  Last month the payment was returned and they are taking an extra $25 because of it. BUT I WASN'T DUE YET.  

Tomorrow is April 15th.  I went to the app and to the web page and they both say $0.00 due and the due date being March 15th. 

They will debit my bank for an unknown (to me) amount 10 days before I'm actually due.  I hope I can cover it. 

I could go on & on about my issues with Hughesnet covering the last 2 years. Thanks for letting me rant! (Like you had a choice)

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Is it always a different amount? Also, don't you get an email when the bill is generated? 

fox12
Junior

I get an email 5 days before my bill, then another one when it's due, but you have to go to Billing>Payment management> notifications, and check the boxes for what you want.

Sorry. That's Billing>Bill Summary and you'll see 'notifications on the right side of the page.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@Hoplinda ,

"My actual bill says my due date is on the 25th.  I'm on autopay and my bank account gets debited on the 15th."

It's how the accounting is done. The payment date (in your case) is the 15th (which I believe is related to when your account went active), and there's a 10 day grace period, so if the bill doesn't get paid on the 15th for whatever reason, they will not send your account to collections until the "due date" (the 25th for your account) which basically means that the second date is the last day you have to pay the bill, and after that, the account goes to collections.  The amount is drawn from whatever payment option you set, in your case, a bank, so you may want to take that into account and have the money ready to go out on the 15th of each month. 

@Liz , please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm going by what mods past have explained. 

Damian

@Hoplinda,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can understand how this can be confusing and frustrating. What @maratsade stated is correct. In your case, your due date is on the 15th of every month and has been since 06/15/2021. I am unsure as to where you are seeing the 25th displayed as your actual due date but that is not correct currently. If you would like to make permanent changes to your due date, you will need to call our support line at 1-866-347-3292 to see if this can be done. 

-Damian