cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haroldo_psf
Freshman

Bought tokens, now what?

Hi

So, I have 35% left on my meter (20GB plan). I bought 3GB token. I see the available data token shows 3000MB, but my meter still shows 35% and does not reflect the newly purchased data. Why?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tokens do not get added to your monthly Data.  They only show in Token Bytes Available.  When you use all your monthly usage it will start using the Token Bytes automatically.    Do you have Gen4 or Gen5?    You do not exactly have to purchase tokens.  If you are on Gen5 (HT2000w modem)  the speeds after you reach your monthly usage are not too bad.  You will still be able to use the internet.  

View solution in original post

Once purchased  but before Token data can be released for use the Token must be released to your token bucket.

Here is some info on the process.

There are two methods that can be used to access and manage tokens.
The first method is to open the Download Status Meter:

photo gwalk1_zpsgpnwdaci.png
From its main page click the "purchase tokens" button at the upper right. That will open the following window giving the current status of your Tokens and Token options:
 photo gwalk2_zpsy18cpeqt.png
The second method of access to token management can be found by going to the myAccount webpage:
http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount
Once logged in select the "Meter" tab on the screens upper left then scroll down slightly if needed and click the "Buy Tokens" button as shown below:
 photo gwalk3_zpskxlrensz.png

That will open the following dialog box:
 photo gwalk4_zps5q3khtzw.png
Remember that Tokens that have been "used" from either of the two management screens will, after a short delay, be "moved" to your "Available Token Data" data bucket.

The amount of data that is staged for automatic use can be seen in all three data usage meters:
#1: The Modems SCC meter found at 192.168.0.1
 photo gwalk5_zpsgak9cvdw.png
#2: The Download Status Meter main page:
 photo gwalk6_zps3efbzrls.png
#3: The "meter" tab of the myAccount page:
 photo gwalk7_zps9knzak3i.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tokens do not get added to your monthly Data.  They only show in Token Bytes Available.  When you use all your monthly usage it will start using the Token Bytes automatically.    Do you have Gen4 or Gen5?    You do not exactly have to purchase tokens.  If you are on Gen5 (HT2000w modem)  the speeds after you reach your monthly usage are not too bad.  You will still be able to use the internet.  

Once purchased  but before Token data can be released for use the Token must be released to your token bucket.

Here is some info on the process.

There are two methods that can be used to access and manage tokens.
The first method is to open the Download Status Meter:

photo gwalk1_zpsgpnwdaci.png
From its main page click the "purchase tokens" button at the upper right. That will open the following window giving the current status of your Tokens and Token options:
 photo gwalk2_zpsy18cpeqt.png
The second method of access to token management can be found by going to the myAccount webpage:
http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount
Once logged in select the "Meter" tab on the screens upper left then scroll down slightly if needed and click the "Buy Tokens" button as shown below:
 photo gwalk3_zpskxlrensz.png

That will open the following dialog box:
 photo gwalk4_zps5q3khtzw.png
Remember that Tokens that have been "used" from either of the two management screens will, after a short delay, be "moved" to your "Available Token Data" data bucket.

The amount of data that is staged for automatic use can be seen in all three data usage meters:
#1: The Modems SCC meter found at 192.168.0.1
 photo gwalk5_zpsgak9cvdw.png
#2: The Download Status Meter main page:
 photo gwalk6_zps3efbzrls.png
#3: The "meter" tab of the myAccount page:
 photo gwalk7_zps9knzak3i.png