Call review

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
friendcindy50
New Poster

Call review

I request a copy of my fist call ever to hughesnet. I have not received what was promised. I told my needs and was told he would exceed my needs. Biggest lie I've ever been told. Two hours after installing it blew up, knocked all power to my home, then came back on. Called he and since it came back on no need to check. Have no internet more time than having it. It took four tries just now to get it to load this site. Kicks off all the time. Or internet not responding message. I need copy of sales call in which I stated the needs I have, and the service I was promised. If we as costumers have to follow our end of the agreement then why doesn't he have to. My nonexistent contract , wasn't supposed to be one, states a price for internet. So that price is good for the length of contract.or should be, right? Wrong. I just w

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

When did you get service? What date, approximately?

What do you mean by "nonexistent contract"?  (The contract is not paper, it is online, and you enter into the contract when you accept service installation). 

Liz

Hi Cindy,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results.

Can you please elaborate on which needs you stated? This way we can narrow our focus on the sales call review.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I told the sales rep what service I already had and they promised HN would exceed my needs. It has been a nightmare trying to do anything on the internet because it looses signal every 30 seconds or so, freezes up and just plan stops. Now please explain to me how this is meeting my needs? Plus I was given a price for the service or lack of, this should be the price throughout the contract, right? Well it has already went up $15. 

GabeU

@friendcindy50 

The plan price doesn't go up unless a discount ends.  Plan discounts are normally for either 12 or 24 months.  Reps can give special discounts under certain circumstances, however, that can have any duration. 

You can see breakdowns of your bills by signing into the HughesNet MyAccount website, then clicking on the "My Bill" header and either clicking on your current invoice or a past invoice, which will result in a popup window.  You can then scroll down a little in that popup window and click on any of the links (in blue) to show a further breakdown of that particular charge.  

You can compare invoices, and their particulars, to see why your bill has increased.

My so called contract states my service should be $59.99 a month. Plus service plan of $7.95. I have yet to see $59.99 on any invoice. If the contract says $59.99 and we have to abide by the contract then why am I being charged $69.99 and higher now. .??

My service started June 5th I think.

GabeU

@friendcindy50 wrote:

I need copy of sales call in which I stated the needs I have, and the service I was promised.  

Though the reps can review a sales call in order to determine whether appropriate expectations were set by the salesperson, they don't provide a copy of the call to the customer.    

Then by all means review the call.

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for your patience while your call was reviewed. The sales rep explained that it would be $69.98 for the 20 GB plan due to the promotional discount available--$15 off each month for the first 12 months of service. The rep clarified that normally the cost would be $84.98 per month.

After this discussion, the rep offered optional services which added monthly costs to the bill: Express Repair ($7.95) and Norton antivirus ($4.99).

Express Repair was free for the first month, but as the rep explained, you may opt out of this service any time. Currently you're still subscribed, but I see that you recently had the Norton antivirus service removed so that will no longer be on your bill.

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your billing concerns.

Regarding your service concerns, I ran diagnostics on your site just now and it's working normally; the HughesNet modem is getting 31 Mbps down. Even your two devices (iPad and Hopper) which are connected to the network have good signal right now. Are you currently still experiencing browsing issues?

If so we can certainly troubleshoot that so we can find a root cause, just let us know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.​​​​​​​

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning Cindy,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.