Can't Pay My Bill or Update My Billing Info

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fitweb
New Poster

Can't Pay My Bill or Update My Billing Info

This one should get some quick attention. lol. Credit card expired. I try to update it but it never saves the change. Meanwhile I keep getting reminders (in my browser) that you aren't able to collect and to update my billing info or make a payment. Can't do either.

My bill is due on the 11th of this month. Could somebody contact whoever is in charge of website development and tell them (again probably) that this is (still) broken. After all, I imagine a big technology based company like HN may have just a few minor operating expenses to pay, what with all those satellites and employees and what not. So, just want to do my part and help out with that. 😉

Forgive the sarcasm... I'm tired.

Yeah... I can call it in, and I will if I have to, but geesh... 

Thanks much!
8 REPLIES 8
Mordacious

You can't pay your bill online until it is actually generated. That is why the online site will not take your information. You will have to call in your new credit card.
fitweb
New Poster

Sure about this?  The invoice is showing on the dashboard and prompting me to pay it. (There's a button that says "Pay Now") - Plus, like I said, it's telling me (in the browser) that they can't collect the payment and to update the billing info, or make a one time payment. I can't seem to accomplish either online. Do you mean I can't pay until the 11th?

Maybe, I'm not reading you right. What do you mean by "generated?" - Looks generated to me.

Thanks for the reply BTW. Much appreciated.

Look here:
Mordacious

My experience has been that you can't pay your bill early online. I've tried and had the same experience. This is one of several reasons I went to paper billing. I can control when the money comes out of my account and mail a check. It's $5 more but a lot less hassle.
Chris11
Alum

Hi Fitweb,

Thanks for posting. Have you tried using a different browser? I would suggest calling in. Or you can also head over to http://my.hughesnet.com/ while not logged in. You should see this at the bottom.

Try using this avenue and see if you are able.

- Chris
fitweb
New Poster

Thanks Mordacious. I think I very well might do that.

I do want to say, (for anyone else reading this thread), that despite the frustration evidenced in my original post, that I've been with HughesNet for about 10 years now and overall, I've had very little trouble. Didn't mean to give the wrong impression. Yes, sometimes stuff doesn't work perfectly, but what in life (or on the internet) does?

So, mostly as a counter point to some of the negativity I'm reading on this forum (not discounting your personal experiences, so please folks, don't jump all over me) I want to shout out to the techs, support people, and developers at Hughes -  I'm very sure managing a system with this amount of complexity can't be easy at times and I appreciate your hard work. Best to you. Keep it up.
Chris11
Alum

fitweb,

That is nice of you to say. We appreciate the sentiment. 

- Chris
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

For whatever its worth ....

I have paper billing and I make my payment online every month early, as in before the bill is generated.
My balance shows as a credit balance ...... (89.99), when the bill is generated the payment is applied and I then show a $0.00 balance.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

fitweb,

Have you tried paying the bill without logging in?  That's how I pay mine, manually, each month.  I have to use Chrome to do it, as it doesn't seem to like my IE 11 (for some reason it says I have a popup blocker on when I use IE 11, even when it's turned off).  It's on the bottom right of the Dashboard at http://my.hughesnet.com/ .