Cancel my internet service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnsonme2
New Poster

Cancel my internet service

I have tried calling at all hours of the night and day. The night shift tells me to call in the day time. The daytime answering machine tells me to call back later and hangs up.
!!! the sales line answers immediately.

They are just stealing our money.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

And for those who might think this is a HughesNet thing, it isn't.  You can't cancel online with other ISPs either. You have to call.  I wonder if this will change in the future, but for now, cancellations are done via phone call. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Because you can't.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade

No one is stealing your money. There's a pandemic. People are dying. Everything is in chaos, so your petty litttle tantrums are not a priority. 

You can only cancel via the phone line,  866-347-3292.  Keep trying.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Johnsonme2 wrote:
I have tried calling at all hours of the night and day. The night shift tells me to call in the day time. The daytime answering machine tells me to call back later and hangs up.
!!! the sales line answers immediately.

They are just stealing our money.

You have the resources to take sales calls immediately, but not for disconnects.

That means you’re stealing my money.

Have you ever heard of “work from home agents “ ?????? This is a good time to research that.
maratsade

I for one hope you can get through soon.  Godspeed to you. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Have you ever heard of “work from home agents “ ?????? This is a good time to research that.

The phone number hangs up on you after directing you to visit your online services.  Why cant I cancel online.  The pandemic has nothing to do with customer service.

Because you can't.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

And for those who might think this is a HughesNet thing, it isn't.  You can't cancel online with other ISPs either. You have to call.  I wonder if this will change in the future, but for now, cancellations are done via phone call. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Because you can't.

Can't do it with DirecTV, can't do it with SiriusXM...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Yep, so it's not just limited to ISPs.  

GabeU

@cathycurtis wrote:

The pandemic has nothing to do with customer service.

The reps are very busy right now due to an increase in calls.  The majority of those calls are related to congested service because of the incredible increase in traffic due to so many people being home.  And why?  Because of the pandemic.

So, yes, the pandemic has to do with the current state of customer service.

Let's not forget that also because of the pandemic, people are working fewer hours and there's a reduced staff.

So, yeah, because of the pandemic.