Cancel my service please

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarperPI
Freshman

Cancel my service please

I have been a HughesNet customer for almost a year now, and I am certainly not please with the serivce.  I have call HughesNet multiple times in the past 4 weeks regarding my service.  I would have service for a few hours, then it would stop.  It is now kicking me off while I am in the middle of University Exams!!!.  I CAN NOT retake the exams once they have started, this is not acceptable!.  I also run an investigations company and often have to web conference with my investigators and clients, it is impossible to do with HughesNet.  

The past 4 weeks have been **bleep** on my college work and has cost me money, a client requested thier several thousand dollar retainer back because my internet service was not reliable enough to confer with them or even to properly secure thier system!!!  HughesNet Techs have been out to replace the radio, and the modem (all new NOT rebuilt), non of these fixed the problems I have been having.  I can not rely on this service, I want OUT.  I am also disussing legal options with Attorneys at this point for loss of income.  I am either out WITHOUT an early cancellation fee or I will file legal action regarding this!.  I need information on the correct number to call for cancellation.  They can have their equipment back dish and all, I don't need it!

Thanks,

Ron

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The number to cancel service is 866-347-3292.

If you are still under contract, you will be charged an early termination fee, as per the service agreement (see legal.hughesnet.com). You will also have to return the equipment or be charged an extra fee for that. The company will send you a box and label for the equipment. 

The service agreement contains information about how to initiate a dispute with the company if you wish to follow that route.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Brooke
Alum

Hello HarperPI, welcome to the Community and thank you for reaching out to us. Upon reviewing your account, I do see the technician has visited out there twice, but I still see some trouble within our tools that are showing another cause. My diagnostics revealed to me there is a marginal alignment on the dish, which can have an impact on your services. 

I've set you up with a free technician visit to address this. I put you in our soonest available slot and you will receive a call or text from the technician to confirm the appointment date, or reschedule if necessary. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and how the service is running after the technician gets the dish re-aligned. 

-Brooke

Thank you however,  I still simply want to disconnect the service.  Each time he comes out I have to put cases or clients on the back burner, and I can not run a business like that.  So please explain to me how to discontinue the service and send your hardware back to you, and the procedure to dispute ETF.  Thanks

Ron

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The dispute procedures are explained at http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Hi Ron, I can cancel the appointment if you wish to discontinue your service. The phone number above (866-347-3292) is our main line and you would need to speak with our Account Management to cancel. The link maratsade provided is also where to dispute the fees. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

-Brooke

Brooke thank you,

Please understand, I have nothing but good things to say about the Tech that comes out here.  He has been very professional and has gone above and beyond everytime he has come.  He has checked the dish alignment eveytime he has been out here, the last time he was here he even came out on a SUNDAY, to help.  It just isn't working to my satisfaction.

Yes please cancel the tech visit, I will reach out to the number you gave.  Thanks again

Ron

Absolutely, and I am happy with the feedback regarding the technician. I will go ahead and cancel the appointment. 

-Brooke