Cancellation after a few days?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anbmamma2010
New Poster

Cancellation after a few days?

Hi! We just opened a HughesNet account March 6, had it installed March 7. Not even a week ago. We aren’t satisfied with the service and want to cancel. I was told when making the account, I have 7 days to “test” the service and see if it’s to our liking. If we don’t like it, we can cancel at no charge. Will I have any problems doing this? I plan to call tomorrow.
6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@anbmamma2010 

Unfortunately, what you were apparently told about having seven days in which to cancel isn't true.  There is no trial or test period with HughesNet.  

With this said, a rep may be able to have your sales call pulled and reviewed to verify that you were told this, and if this is the case you may have recourse.  And I say "may", as only a rep can tell you for sure.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They will most likely reply tomorrow (Tuesday).  

Is there a problem that you're having with the service, or is it just generally not to your liking?

We just aren’t satisfied with it! At all. So we are looking to go through a different company.
maratsade

Very likely they will not do that as it isn't a "thing."  Like Gabe said, they will pull your sales call to see if proper expectations were set.  This may be the only chance you get at some kind of arrangement. But the contract starts as soon as the equipment is installed, and there's no backsies (this practice is not unique to Hughesnet, by the way), though the company will work with you to try to maximise your network. 

anbmamma2010 wrote:
We just aren’t satisfied with it! At all. So we are looking to go through a different company.

Hello Sammie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear this.  Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,

Felicia

anbmamma2010
New Poster

HughesNet let me out of my contract with NO charges because my speed was indeed not where it should have been. Even with them trying to fix it on their end.
maratsade

I'm not surprised. They're a very honourable company.

anbmamma2010 wrote:
HughesNet let me out of my contract with NO charges because my speed was indeed not where it should have been. Even with them trying to fix it on their end.