Cancellation & final billing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maria1
Spectator

Cancellation & final billing

I cancelled services yesterday and today I was charged $145 ETF the agent said it was $15 per month remaining on the contract (I had 5 months left). Keep in mind I called and somehow call dropped within 1min the agent called me back. Since I have experience in this field and I have worked in the cancellation department I know outbound calls don't get recorded. Well I requested for the final statement to be e-mail to me and I have not received it. (I need to see what else they are charging) I have read the contract and no other charges besides the ETF and unreturned equipment fees are listed.
7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Maria1 

It's not $15 per month left on the contract.  The ETF schedule is $400 for the first 90 days after activation, then $15 less per month thereafter.   

From the Subscriber Agreement, at https://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm...

Capture.JPG

maratsade

How many months did you have left? $145 corresponds with having 5 months left on the contract. 

Maria1 wrote:
I cancelled services yesterday and today I was charged $145 ETF 

Liz

Good morning Maria,

Gabe and Maratsade are correct, your ETF at this point is $145.  Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns about the final bill.

Have a good weekend!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Well I have to say I am not sure I believe anyone from Hughesnet anymore.  Liz worked with me and assured me that I would not be charged a final fee for cancellation after the modem shorted out my electrical system in my house.  I was without service for 26 days total over a period of 3 months and three times tech came to repair, water in the lines, spiders in the dish connection itself and shorting out.  Talked with three different people (names withheld for now) and was assured by all three there would be no cancellation fees because of all the problems and no service for so long. I got a bill yesterday for $221.00 and well needless to say not a happy person at all now.  I was told many times they would assist me and sometimes I did get great help, but now... 

maratsade

I'm sure this will get fixed when Liz returns next week. 

GabeU

@nancyw 

Just for reference, you may very well get more prompt help from Liz (when she's back) by continuing the conversation in your original thread rather than posting on someone else's.  

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/myAccount-and-Billing/Getting-assistance-when-deaf/m-p/112157

Liz

Hi Nancy, I've replied to your PM.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!