Cancellation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccctaw2015
New Poster

Cancellation

So I just got service today and the signal is really weak. My speeds are really slow. Sence I'm not happy I might have to cancel. But i will have to pay $400 early termination fee? For poor service i couldn't even use the internet. Its poor quality. I dont get how it's ok to charge a fee for crappy service. Where is the customer satisfaction. Do yall (Hugsnet) care?
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The cancellation fee applies from day 1.  They normally do not waive fees, especially not without some heavy troubleshooting first.   The reps will be back on this site on Monday. In the meantime, fellow subscribers may give you some pointers and help you troubleshoot. 

GabeU

@ccctaw2015 

The system can take time for everything to be up to date and ready.  This can take hours.  

It's very unlikely that HughesNet will allow a cancellation without an ETF, at least at this point.  Troubleshooting will need to be done to see where the problem may lie and to attempt to fix it.  I recommend starting a new topic in Tech Support to start the troubleshooting process, which you can do here.  However, I would wait until tomorrow to do so, as again, it can take time for the system to be up to date and fully ready.  Your speeds may improve.  

Regarding the signal, if you're referring to your WiFi signal, the HughesNet modem is fairly basic, and it's WiFi range is only so good.  I would recommend moving your WiFi device closer to the modem to see if your experience improves.  If it does, this would suggest that your WiFi signal is the issue, and there are two main ways you can help it.  One is to get the HughesNet WiFi Booster, or you can buy a 3rd party WiFi router with better range.  

This is the worst service ever rather have dial up
GabeU

@ccctaw2015 wrote:

I'm sure there's something the reps will be able to do to help improve your experience.  If your speeds are actually below dialup, it indicates a serious problem, and they will be able to help to remedy that.  Your speeds should be nowhere near that low.

maratsade

ccctaw2015 wrote:

That's still available -- maybe you should try it to compare. 

Liz

Good morning ccctaw2015,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I pulled up your account to investigate and I see you already have a site visit scheduled for today, I hope it goes well! If you still have concerns, please start a new thread in the tech support board so we can start troubleshooting.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!