Changing Plan

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZeekLocke
New Poster

Changing Plan

When I got the Gen5 I selected the 20gb plan and was told that I could change my plan down to the 10gb one for the rest of my contract after the discount ended at one year. I am at a year and went online to change it, but it shows 24 month commitment.

I had never used satellite before and was lied to by two sales persons on both the data I would have and the speed at which it would work. I have been extremely dissatisfied with Hughes since the first month I got it. Then I was lied to again a short while later when I learned that Gen5 came out about 2 weeks after I got the Gen4 (or whatever it was); again with the speed. Plus I had to restart my contract (before even 1 month had passed) and pay another installation fee to get Gen5 with better monthly pricing. We haven’t been able to use it as intended from the start and therefore have to use my phone hotspot for the important things we needed it for (which is way faster). Unfortunately I didn’t learn about the hotspot option until it was too late to not sign up for Hughes. We have basically just been using Hughes only for Netflix while riding out this contract that I already don’t want to be under. This means I’ve basically been paying $100 for Netflix use so I surely don’t want to have to be with it any longer than I have to. I would get out of it now if it wasn’t going to cost so much to do so.

Can you please tell me if I will have to renew my contract with the plan downgrade or if I’m still going to have just one more year like I have now?
3 REPLIES 3
Amanda

HI ZeekLocke

Welcome to our community and thank you for posting here. I see you've spoken with our support over the phone to get this resolved and confirmed there is no commitment extension for upgrading/downgrading your service plan. I have located your account and will request a sales call review. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Thanks,

Amanda

Amanda

ZeekLocke,

I sent you a private message with some important information regarding your account. Please check your private messages by clicking the envelope on the right hand side of the community page.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hi Zeeklocke,

Just wanted to follow up. I did previously send you a private message with more information and an offer. If you would like to accept or have any further concerns please feel free to reply to my private message.

Thank you,

Amanda