Data allowance

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tmullet26
New Poster

Data allowance

Is hughesnet going to step up like others have and not cap us for our kids while they are doing schooling from home?? I already have the highest plan and it's almost gone already and they slow us way down and he can't do all his work...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Klw62865 wrote:

I too am curious about the data cap as an educator trying to do distance learning and keep updated on current situation. I know that other carriers are waiving data caps and pray that HughesNet will follow their lead. 

Though I can't speak for HughesNet, it's unlikely that they will waive data caps as the system would not be able to support the tremendous increase in traffic without everyone's service slowing to an absolute crawl.  Those other services can do so because their capacities are many times what HughesNet's is and they have the "buffer room" to handle it without too bad of an effect.  

It does appear that they may be doing something regarding FAP speed, however.  This is the announcement thus far.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi Tmullet26,

We hear your concerns and are actively working on multiple solutions for our customers. We understand that this will change usage typical usage habits and needs. Please check back with us soon for an official statement.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I too am curious about the data cap as an educator trying to do distance learning and keep updated on current situation. I know that other carriers are waiving data caps and pray that HughesNet will follow their lead. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Klw62865 wrote:

Though I can't speak for HughesNet, it's unlikely that they will waive data caps as the system would not be able to support the tremendous increase in traffic without everyone's service slowing to an absolute crawl.  Those other services can do so because their capacities are many times what HughesNet's is and they have the "buffer room" to handle it without too bad of an effect.  

It does appear that they may be doing something regarding FAP speed, however.  This is the announcement thus far.