Did I actually cancel?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dalecway
New Poster

Did I actually cancel?

I called to cancel today, 1/4/18. I was given this ref nunber 108589286 and told that it was done. 

Then he said that it would take affect on 1/23/18. Why not today? I'm concerned that he is just messing with me. Can someone verify that I Am really canceled?

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@Dalecway

Usually when you cancel service, unless you request an "Immediate Cancelation" then your service will continue until the next billing period for your account.  Once that day has hit, Hughesnet will send out a box, that contains instructions, as well as a prepaid shipping label so you can return your Hughesnet Modem, Power Brick, and Satellite Radio located on the arm of the dish.

Hi Dalecway,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. What C0RR0SIVE said is correct, this is one of the standard processes for cancellation. I pulled up your account to verify, and it is pending cancellation on 1/23, as the rep indicated to you when you called us to cancel. Hope that clears things up.

Good luck with your future ISP!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE POOR COMMUNICATION BETWEEN CUSTOMERS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE , NOT ALL INFORMATION IS GIVEN

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Incorrect. The information is given on the phone call.  Whether people choose to hear the whole information is another issue.

@bessezp wrote:

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE POOR COMMUNICATION BETWEEN CUSTOMERS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE , NOT ALL INFORMATION IS GIVEN