Don't understand high billing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wolftrails
New Poster

Don't understand high billing

This is a bit moot perhaps because my contract lapsed this month, but I really don't understand how the monthly charges are figured. I thought we were supposed to be on a 25 gb per month plan. We're charged 70 a month for it. Didn't really think twice about it, except data ran out really quick. Then when our plan contract was up and the bill went up I checked, and I see I had been set on a 10 gb a month plan that charges 50 a month. I'm still paying the same $70 as always though. We've always paid about that much, as it didn't go up much when the contract lapsed. 

So the question is where is the extra $20 a month coming from? I can't find it in my billing statements. I would have noticed earlier, but the app doesn't have this information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi wolftrails,

Thanks for reaching out, what Gabe said is on point. So for a $70 bill, that can be broken down into 3 general areas: internet service fee, lease fee, and taxes.

It's about $50 for the 10 GB plan, $15 for the lease fees, and then the rest are taxes. As Gabe noted, you can see this breakdown online.

Hope that clears things up!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet reps on this site will be here later today and can check your account and clarify things for you, or you can call the customer service line 24/7 at  866-347-3292. 

Damian

@wolftrails,

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the community. I apologize for the delay. Please private message me the phone number associated with your account and I will look into this. 

-Damian 

GabeU

@wolftrails 

I missed this when you first posted it, but to give you a likely answer, the equipment lease fee and taxes.  

The equipment lease fee is $14.99 per month, and the taxes vary by jurisdiction.  

You can sign onto the HughesNet MyAccount site, go to the billing section (under the My Bill drop down header), then click either your current invoice or view the past invoices to see a breakdown of the charges.  If a line in an invoice is blue, you can click on it to further break it down. 

Edit:  I should add that Damian is a HughesNet employee, while I'm not.  He can directly help you with the information.  My post is only to give instruction for finding the info and not to dissuade you from getting help from him.  

Liz

Hi wolftrails,

Thanks for reaching out, what Gabe said is on point. So for a $70 bill, that can be broken down into 3 general areas: internet service fee, lease fee, and taxes.

It's about $50 for the 10 GB plan, $15 for the lease fees, and then the rest are taxes. As Gabe noted, you can see this breakdown online.

Hope that clears things up!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I canclled the account do you understand?

GabeU

@redelken 

Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the OP's question and helps them in no way.  

Adios.