Hughesnet Community

Double Billed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnJeremy

Double Billed

In December while giving new bank info for autopay the customer service rep suggested that we upgrade to 5g service. Fine. The problem is that they never closed the old account and charged us for they 'upgraded account' AND for the old one. They did this for 8 months - for the same home and satellite. When I called the customer service to resolve I was told no refund is possible though it was clearly their fault. He could do nothing. Wow. This is criminal, right? It was clearly their fault - why would we keep paying an old account when we have the new upgraded one??

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm sure the Hughesnet representatives that work on this site will be able to sort things out for you. I'm going to tag them here:

@Liz

@Amanda

@Brooke

@Jay

@Hardy

@Hal

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Brooke
Alum

Hi JohnJeremy, welcome to the community and thank you for posting! I actually see that another one of our representatives, Felicia, has sent a message to Mark Eitzel on Facebook regarding this matter and we are addressing it appropriately. How our phone agents responded to this is unacceptable and we're going to get this resolved for you. 

The one thing I'd like to point out is, you'll want to make sure that your support center account is registered with the new DSS number. This will provide the correct billing invoices and data meter regarding your account. 🙂 

-Brooke

Brooke
Alum

Hi JohnJeremy, Since I haven't heard back from you,, I checked your account and looks like the services have been cancelled and you received your refund. I'm glad we were able to correct this for you, but sad to see you go. However on these circumstances, I understand. 

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread due to inactivity. I extend my best regards with your next provider. 

Thank you.

-Brooke