FRAUD

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FarNorCal
New Poster

FRAUD

I canceled my hughesnet account months ago due to their inability to provide the speeds and bandwidths as promised in conversations and in writing. Since then, they have been attempting to fraudulently bill my American express card over and over. They refuse to transfer me, per US Law, to a US based call center for resolution, instead they insist I speak with someone named Tony Gray with such a thick Asian accent I can’t understand a word that comes out of his mouth. I have OVER 40 hours logged and documented on tech support attempting to resolve issue with the service. I’ve had over four different techs at the house attempting a fix, nothing! I allowed them to install this new “gen 5”**bleep** as they said it even surpasses in performance what they advertise, again major BULL! Their CSR’s are rude, uneducated, and barley able to communicate in English! They will lie, blur facts or whatever else is required to get you off the phone. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE COMPLETE FRAUDS! They auto dial my home and cell phone all hours of the day and night often times with no one on the other end. SIGN A CONTRACT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

7 REPLIES 7
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Capture.PNG

You should repost under myAccount and Billing topic if wanting help from one of the official mods. They all speak, and write, wonderful English.

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/myAccount-and-Billing/bd-p/AccountandBilling

MarkJFine
Professor

@FarNorCal

Feel better now?

While I'm at it:
a. You cancelled your account months ago. How is it that you still have access here?

b. If they are constantly billing your Amex card: Did you pay your ETF? Did you complete your part of the financial obligation? If not, it's not fraudulent and part of the contract you agreed to. #JustSaying

c. Wasn't aware there were US Laws requiring them to transfer you to a US-based call center, especially for tier-1 support, which is off-shored nearly universally by almost every industry.

d. "barley [sic] able to communicate in English" - yup... ok.

e. You should know that flaming, xenophobic diatribes such as this is not viewed favorably in this particular forum.

We are all well aware that many, such as yourself, are unfamiliar with both the technical advantages and drawbacks of satellite internet. Many of you think it works exactly the same as any terrestrial-based service. It does not.

Having done little research before you purchased it you are clearly now angry because of that and are looking for someone to blame because you over-expected. My advice: #CaveatEmptor.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@FarNorCal wrote:

Since then, they have been attempting to fraudulently bill my American express card over and over.

Fail to return any of the equipment?  What about possible Early Termination Fees?  Did you pay your final statement at all?

@FarNorCal wrote:

They refuse to transfer me, per US Law, to a US based call center for resolution, instead they insist I speak with someone named Tony Gray

Care to provide a link to a credible source that has this law (the bill it self) in full detail?  Because I could find no such thing, in fact, I found a nice little fact-check article about your statement saying the opposite.  You might want to read it instead of trying to sound as if you know the "law". https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/foreign-exchange/

@FarNorCal wrote:

Their CSR’s are rude, uneducated, and barley able to communicate in English! 

Don't think I need to say anything about that...

@FarNorCal wrote:

They auto dial my home and cell phone all hours of the day and night often times with no one on the other end.

That might be a bill collector...?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Everyone who uses the word "fraud" to refer to businesses legally collecting funds must pay me $10.  It's a federal law. The Feds will take this directly out of your credit cards, paychecks, or taxes, whichever is easier for them, so you don't even have to worry about it. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@maratsade wrote:

Everyone who uses the word "fraud" to refer to businesses legally collecting funds must pay me $10.  It's a federal law. The Feds will take this directly out of your credit cards, paychecks, or taxes, whichever is easier for them, so you don't even have to worry about it.

It's fascinating what the internet and Fox News have done to blur the definition of indisputable 'facts'.

For example, if @maratsade were to say this enough times on the internet or a so-called 'opinion show', people would begin to believe it as an alt-fact.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

I think credulity and lack of critical thinking have always existed -- they have been the tools of con men and others for centuries, maybe even millenia.  The internet makes it easier for the silliness to spread, especially since the marks are so willing to engage in the cons.  Seems a sucker is still born every minute, though that may be a low estimate.

GabeU

@FarNorCal

As stated in your other "fraud" thread...

The charge is valid, and is even a reduced charge.  HughesNet has every legal right to attempt to collect.   

There is no law that says they have to transfer you to a US based representative (file that one with, "The officer, by law, has to show you the radar results if you ask to see them when they give you a speeding ticket.", which is also nonsense).  

HughesNet is not autodialing you. 

The majority of HughesNet customers are satisfied with their service.