cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GETTING YOUR DISH OFF MY ROOF

Re: GETTING YOUR DISH OFF MY ROOF

Thank yo Liz he stopped on his way home and is taking care of it as I am typing this
Highlighted

Liz, yesterday when Kevin stopped by and got the dish off the roof. He told me he puts lots of silicone on the metal plate on the roof to seal it. 

I showed him where the roof had been leaking.

He did not think the dish was causing the leak. Well it is kinda funny that today it is raining, and since he sealed it so well yesterday, it is not leaking today at all.

So I am sorry but that would tell me that is WAS the dish causing the leak.

Alice

Roof leaks can be funny things. Possibly the dish mount may have contributed to a situation that was already there and made it worse and when the tech took it off and sealed the plate he fixed it.

Does it really matter what caused the leak? Isn't the important thing that it is fixed?

The dish is down, the parts have been returned and the leak is fixed, all at no cost to you.  Can't we all just get along now?

Mordacious

"the leak is fixed, all at no cost to you"
I highly doubt the "roof leak" was already there, we have only lived in this house for 2 yrs. The dish was put in 2 months after we bought the house. It has been leaking since the dish was put up. So actually yes it does really matter what caused the leak because my ceiling in that area is ruined. It was on an enclosed back porch area, with a drop ceiling. So now that it is no longer leaking, I have to replace the ceiling tiles. 

"The dish is down, the parts have been returned" It is not returned I am still waiting on the return box, I have to send it back myself.

"Can't we all just get along now?" Who said we were not getting along in the first place? 

Now  Mordacious I would like to politely ask you to move to another post an let me deal with Liz on this 
thanks 

With pleasure Alice. It's obvious you are the kind that has to point fingers. Everything has been rectified but you are not happy. You must be very lonely in your little world.

The leak has been fixed. WHO CARES WHAT CAUSED IT! It's fixed! Move on.

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE CHICAGOAN 

BTW At least I didn't have to lie about my husband being retired from the railroad. 
SMH I don't see railroad as any of your previous work places 

UPsell24
General Agent
Victor Comptometer Corporation
Draftsman · Chicago, Illinois
Arlington Park Hilton Hotel
Liquor Storeroom Manager · Arlington Heights, Illinois
Taco Bell
Assistant Manager · Des Plaines,  

You have a nice life in your little fantasy world

Associate Professor

sorry he just really pissed me off. He was all nice and friendly yesterday. Telling me how he was a railroader. My husband retired from the railroad little over 2 yrs ago.  
Associate Professor

No need to apologize Alice, you have a legitimate complaint/issue, and yes, I am sure he did tick you off... I tend to tick people off as well, hence I kinda stay quiet these days and only post if I have something that is certainly helpful to the conversation... Such as telling a certain someone, to just, shat, up.