cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guppypond
Sophomore

Gen5 install this weekend?

Hello Community Support (and @Liz )

I am ready to convert Hughesnet service at our shared vacation home to Gen-5.   (I have been a customer for 6 years, still on a very slow and limiting HN9000 and Spaceway 3).  

We will be at the remote home in Zip Code 95346/95335 on May 26, 27 and 28 (Fri, Sat, Sun).   Is there any way to find an installer that might be available to perform the installation then ?   Hughesnet’s appointment & scheduling system isn’t designed for people with our type of "vacation home" schedule … our next visit is in July and their scheduling doesn’t go out that far.

Here is our account info:

ST Name (HNS) [edited to protect privacy]
Site ID  897903
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Freddie
Employee

Hi guppypond,

There is a local dealer that services your area called Satellite Daddy.  Their phone number is 866-808-1059.  Press 1 for sales.  Give them your account number, and they will create an upgrade order for you, and then come install your new system.  Currently, they have availability on Friday afternoon.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@guppypond

If you have the ability to edit your post (click on the three dots on the upper right of the post), delete you SAN (starts with DSS).  You should NEVER post your SAN.  

Thanks!

Hi guppypond,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Normally after you upgrade to Gen 5, an appointment date is set at the end of the upgrade call. Then the assigned dealer would reach out to you to confirm the appointment before visiting the site. At that time, I would suggest discussing your scheduling concerns with the dealer directly to work something out.

I've also let the installations department know about this, and if there's anything additional or different you need to know, our installations representative, Freddie, will jump in this thread as well.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you Liz.   I was on the phone with someone for a long time yesterday and none of the scheduling options provided would work.   And my next availability was not able to be scheduled yet beause it was too far in the future.   So we ended the call without making any changes.   I am also concerned about processing the upgrade, scheduling an installation that I know I can't keep, and having my existing service somehow disabled.   My hope in posting here was that someone may know of a available Gen-5 installation opening on the dates I provided and we could work out a plan to get this done.

One question I have is that the promotions have an advertised end date of 6/30.   If it is scheduled before 6/30 does the promotional pricing apply, or does installation need to be completed by 6/30?

You're welcome. It's fine to process the upgrade, as I mentioned in my previous post, the dealer will still reach out to you to confirm the appointment, at that point you can explain your situation. Plus, once we have that work order in our system, I can have our installations group put hold on your installation pending your availability.

The installation doesn't need to be completed by the promo end date, just the upgrade order.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Ooh, I see Freddie just replied, I highly suggest going with his recommendation. 🙂

Thank you Freddie & Liz.   I was able to call per Freddie's recommendation and they were able to process the order and schedule an appointment that works for all of us.   Amanda was actually expecting my call 🙂    Thank you for your help!   Much appreciated!    -Scott

Sweet! Thanks for letting us know, Scott! Please don't hesitate to drop by the community if you have additional concerns, we're here to help!

You guys are awesome.   We are up and running with Gen-5!   Installer called, was able to come early and was in and out in less than an hour.   Performance over Gen-3 seens to be substantial.   (To anyone else reading this, it is not cable/fiber equivalent, but so far is way better than the barely-better-than-dialup speeds we had with the old system).   Thank you again for your help!

Woohoo! Glad to hear it, enjoy your weekend. 🙂

Freddie
Employee

Hi guppypond,

There is a local dealer that services your area called Satellite Daddy.  Their phone number is 866-808-1059.  Press 1 for sales.  Give them your account number, and they will create an upgrade order for you, and then come install your new system.  Currently, they have availability on Friday afternoon.