HATE this INTERNET!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LM3
Freshman

HATE this INTERNET!

The advertising for this internet company is VERY deceiving! I'm stuck only because nobody else services my house but I get MAYBE one movie a month on a plan I pay $70/month for after taxes. After that, I have to deal with constant hang ups or lags - sometimes every 2 minutes. I ended up buying a "dongle" for my TV & I attach my phone to it and use my mobile network to stream movies instead of using this worked internet.
The only time I use Hughesnet is for downloading documents because I'm a book editor & need to get large documents several times a month.

If there were a way to sue this company for false advertising, for claiming they have such good service with all of those smiling people on the website, on their brochure and... Ugh!
DON'T BELIEVE IT! I've had Comcast, AT&T, and several other internet providers and bar none, Hughesnet is the ABSOLUTE WORST OF THE WORST!
People here have mentioned a termination fee, & I swear, if I go to cancel & they want me to pay something like that, I'll have a fit! That's prolly why they make you autopay, so they can just TAKE what THEY say you owe when you don't pay the ETF's.
8 REPLIES 8
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@LM3 

If you feel that appropriate expectations were not set by the sales representative you can ask for a sales call review.  

HughesNet does not hide the fact that its plans offer a set amount of high speed data per month, and after that data is exhausted you are throttled.  Happy people in their ads doesn't equate to deception, and lack of research of a product or service before buying or signing up for it isn't the fault of the provider.  

And yes, there is an Early Termination Fee if cancelling the service prior to fulfilling the 24 month commitment.

I just hughnet not even a month, I HATE IT, can" t download, cant watch netflex is buff,I will never recommend this provide to anyone, IT SUCKS!!!!!!

maratsade

"If there were a way to sue this company for false advertising"

They don't engage in false advertising, so you'd be wasting your time.  Now, if there were a way to sue people for ignorance and lack of attention to detail.....

Well, excuse those of us IGNORANT ones who don't understand what the upload and download speeds mean, but are told they will be sufficient for our needs when we EXPLAIN to the rep when we tell them what we will be using the internet for. Excuse those of us who actually BELIEVE THEM when they tell us the service is great for streaming, or for uploading and downloading documents.
Are we expected to a college class on this before we sign up for an internet with data limitations when most other companies have no limits, PROFESSOR?
maratsade

Well, New Poster, if your sales call is within 3 months, you can request a sales call review, so the HughesNet reps on this site (you will recognise them because they have MOD next to their names) can see what expectations were set. 

Anyone can do research on the internet, access the site, see the subscriber agreement, research this site, ask questions, and more.  You could have done that too, New Poster.

GabeU

@LM3 

As stated in my reply to you nearly three months ago, if you feel that appropriate expectations were not set you can ask for a sales call review.  If from that review it's determined that you were misled, you may have recourse.

It's unfortunate that you've chosen not to do so, because like maratsade said, you have around three months or so from the time of the sales call to ask for that review, as they only save them for the first few months.

Unfortunately that was too late. I've been a very disappointed customer for nearly 4 years. Why you believe I'm new, I've no idea. I'm just stuck with this company until another alternative arises
GabeU

@LM3 wrote:
Unfortunately that was too late. I've been a very disappointed customer for nearly 4 years. Why you believe I'm new, I've no idea. I'm just stuck with this company until another alternative arises

Capture.JPG

That's why.