Hughesnet Community

Here's an Idea for Upper Management

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MzLiz

Here's an Idea for Upper Management

Hiring more *official reps* would be more beneficial for this forum--at least 3 more active reps would suffice..I feel that customers that post here would have an easier and quicker time with getting their problems/concerns resolved instead of being bombarded with arrogance and rudeness by those who act as if they're gatekeepers/cheerleaders/tapdancers for Hughesnet and I'm pretty sure you've noticed..If this forum is suppose to be a friendly, enjoyable and helpful environment as stated in the community guidelines--more than half the time it's missing the mark--imo.
13 REPLIES 13
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

No.  The reason there are so few praise posts is because very few people go out of their way to praise a product, yet almost always do when they don't like it.  When's the last time you went online to say how much you like your coffee pot, or your TV, or your grill?  How about the couch you sit on?  The shirt you are wearing?  If your coffee pot develops a problem you may do so.  Does this mean it's a terrible coffee pot?  No, it means yours is having a problem while tens or hundreds of thousands of others aren't. 

The rest of the post has very little in common with the facts, either.

And with regard to your name...grow up.  There's no reason to spoof a person's name, much less the name of one of the  most helpful people on here. 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

If I've offended anyone by stating that many with problems need to learn how to tweak their system and setup networking then so be it. Many of us fellow customers and the official reps have helped many people with networking issues. But first they must take the time to listen.

You said yourself you helped a neighbor improve his speed with some network adjustments. Well we can't go to everyone's home that complains here, all we can do is offer our experience and advise.

And making a general post about anyone who doesn't want to take the time to learn how to get the most from their system and work with the official reps to correct problems should just cancel, I stand by. Threatening cancelling and contacting the BBB, FTC, FCC is not the way to start off trying to get help.

Glad you are happy and I got to be the one much of your indignation is focused on. Won't stop me from trying to help those that truly want help.
MzLiz

So this Bird Dawg person post was deleted because he told some truth and mixed it with sarcasm?..Wow okay--I've should have took some screenshots it comes in handy around here.

Now it's showing BirdDog as the last person that posted instead of BirdDawg--one in the same?!?..The typing style of this BirdDawg person looked familiar to me--if it was in fact the same person that post around here then it's super odd that he would make up an account just to respond to this thread smh.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

This "Bird.Dawg" poster was none other than Bill. Someone that you had found his previous posts offensive.

I think it likely that all of the replies to your topic had been removed so as to maintain the purity of your topic.
GabeU

I had a feeling the post(s) would be deleted, and I knew the person was a regular, as you could tell by the familiarity with the boards.  I just couldn't figure out who.   
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

BirdDawg is in fact Bill/Mordiacious, which was banned due to consistent inflammatory posts as well as ignoring warnings of the moderators here.  Since being banned he continues to come back and act like a child because he didn't get his way.
GabeU

He mostly gave himself away, but I wasn't positive it was him.  I'm REALLY surprised I haven't seem him sooner under another name.  Then again, perhaps I have and just didn't know it. 
Amanda

Hi MzLiz

Thank you for your feedback. We're sending this up for review.

Regards,
Amanda
Katie0
Admin

MzLiz- Your suggestion is worthwhile.  Let me see if I can
provide some corporate insight.   One of the best advantages
to online Communities is the objective feedback that customers
offer each other in posts exchanges.  Frequently, customers
come to post only complaints without caring to heed the good,
learned advice of our long time customers.  Satellite internet
is different in many respects than cable and DSL.  Customers
that don't understand the true difference may come into the
Community with "guns a blazing", dismissing sound advice. 
That's tough to take on a regular basis. Now, that being
said, your post will alert us to watch for too aggressive
responses going forward.  
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I have to add, it is very hard for me to bite my tongue when someone starts lobbying for a class action lawsuit here. What other company allows that sort of thing on their site?

I will admit to being a bit short and even condescending to a few when they come in "guns a blazing" as Katie said. I do try to stay with facts though when I do get a bit irritated and try not resort to name calling. I will use the "troll" word though if the shoe fits.

I felt obligated to reply since my screen name was hijacked and was mentioned here.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I too get a little frustrated at times ... but then I think back to how confusing all of the twists, turns and details were for myself as a new user.

I can understand anger and frustration. What I can't understand is a user continuing to drop "seagull" posts while refusing to do basic troubleshooting.

MzLiz

Well thanks katie I guess.
Often times it's not what you say but how you say it..There's a way to offer advice and interact with customers without being "aggressive" aka "rude and arrogant" and most customers (especially myself) won't put up with that and rightly so..It's one of the main reasons why I make my threads private if and when I need answers/help about my service.