Horrible Internet; Unhelpful Customer Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catsfan15
New Poster

Horrible Internet; Unhelpful Customer Service

Had service installed a week and a half ago, and this is by far the sorriest excuse for internet service that I've ever experienced!  It's completely unusable for anything other than checking your email.  Customer service doesn't care, they just want to make sure you know about the Early Termination Fee.  Will definitely be telling EVERYONE I know to AVOID THIS SERVICE!!! I refuse to pay for something that doesn't work.  

20 REPLIES 20
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@catsfan15 

Without adequate troubleshooting, any Early Termination Fee charged during cancellation or service termination due to lack of payment would and will be valid.  

This is a support community, not social media, so if you're having an issue with the service I suggest starting a new topic in Tech Support to begin the process of troubleshooting it.

rndbeardslee201
New Poster

@catsfan15 wrote:

Had service installed a week and a half ago, and this is by far the sorriest excuse for internet service that I've ever experienced!  It's completely unusable for anything other than checking your email.  Customer service doesn't care, they just want to make sure you know about the Early Termination Fee.  Will definitely be telling EVERYONE I know to AVOID THIS SERVICE!!! I refuse to pay for something that doesn't work.  

i agree, the worst internet and customer support ever our $10 dial up was better then this crap

GabeU

@rndbeardslee201 

If you're experiencing an issue with your service I suggest asking for help in the applicable section.  

won't do any good, this internet  sucks and it looks like everyone who has it thinks so as well it is sooooooo slowwwwwww 

and besides, you cant understand the looser on the other end of the phone and they just give you the runaround 😞

maratsade

Awww, you poor unfortunate thing. How tragic for you.   

I imagine it was difficult for you to interview all 1.4 million customers so you could post the results of your poll here. 

"won't do any good, this internet  sucks and it looks like everyone who has it thinks so as well it is sooooooo slowwwwwww "

maratsade

Oh, and it's even worse from the other side, because the phone reps have to deal with ignorant, entitled losers who give them nothing but attitude and rudeness and  don't seem to have enough intelligence to act like mature adults.  

rndbeardslee201 wrote:

and besides, you cant understand the looser on the other end of the phone and they just give you the runaround 😞

maratsade

Free country; cancel and go on your merry way.  We won't mind.   

catsfan15 wrote:

If I could give hughsnet a zero star I would! They miss informed me when purchasing the service, and I have spent hours upon hours trying to get things fixed. Nothing ever gets done I just get sent to someone else who then repeats what I've already heard refusing to do anything. I even got a call back saying because I was lied to they would work on canceling my service for free! Awesome right? No, I was working so set a call back for the next morning, and the new person had no idea what the first person was talking about. Now I am so frustrated I will cancel as soon as possible. I will also plaster everywhere possible for people to avoid hughsnet dishonest, shady, disrespectful, unhelpful, and horrifyingly bad customer service.

If I could give hughsnet a zero star I would! They miss informed me when purchasing the service, and I have spent hours upon hours trying to get things fixed. Nothing ever gets done I just get sent to someone else who then repeats what I've already heard refusing to do anything. I even got a call back saying because I was lied to they would work on canceling my service for free! Awesome right? No, I was working so set a call back for the next morning, and the new person had no idea what the first person was talking about. Now I am so frustrated I will cancel as soon as possible. I will also plaster everywhere possible for people to avoid hughsnet dishonest, shady, disrespectful, unhelpful, and horrifyingly bad customer service.
maratsade

" I will also plaster everywhere possible for people to avoid hughsnet dishonest, shady, disrespectful, unhelpful, and horrifyingly bad customer service."

See it from customer service's point of view: they deal all day with rude, abusive, uncouth people who can't even complain intelligently and who all they seem to know how to do is rant and whine without one iota of  human courtesy.   Maybe if those losers who call into customer service changed their attitude, they'd get a better response. Just because someone works in customer service doesn't mean customers can abuse them. 

Plus, they're moaning at an off-shore subcontractor who likely makes pennies on the dollar to get that abuse.

At some point I'm sure they're like "tell it to the hand".

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I actually decided to call HughesNet back today in order to figure out this situation. After being on the phone for an hour the Senior Rep. hung up on me!!! I don't care about the crap they go through I have worked at call centers, but you never hang up on a customer having problems. My biggest issue is the fact that no one knows how to take proper notations on accounts, and in order to get them to listen to recorded calls I have to get a Judges order! You would think if HughesNet cares about its customers they would listen to the recordings to find the truth. They try everything they can to not let you talk to supervisors/managers as well after I got hung up on I told the lady to send me straight to the supervisor/manager, and she tried to refuse my request saying they will only tell me what she told me. In reality nothing got resolved except they took one month bill payment off. I will still cancel as soon as possible, and make sure everyone knows how shady HughesNet really is! Also notice I am saying HughesNet not the employees its not their fault for being forced into following the corupt business model.

GabeU

@Cloynd 

And you'd think that with someone taking time to sign up for an account on a SUPPORT Community, they would actually use that SUPPORT community for SUPPORT instead of simply complaining about the SUPPORT they don't get elsewhere and threatening to plaster their dissatisfaction everywhere they can.  IOW, using this SUPPORT community as a rant platform rather than for the SUPPORT it's here to provide.

And just in case you missed it, this is a SUPPORT community, not social media, so if you need SUPPORT you should ask for it. 

Say whatever you want if you dont like what I have to say don't read my posts! I was told by Hughsnet employee to post complaints here! That's exactly what I am doing, and I'm going to continue doing until Hughesnet decides to actually handle the issue at hand.
maratsade

"I have worked at call centers, but you never hang up on a customer having problems."

These days call center reps are allowed to hang up on abusive customers. Your posts come across as hostile and aggressive, and I imagine you're the same over the phone.  Try being courteous and respectful for a change and they may not hang up on you.  Instead of griping about them, try to rise above and be nice. 

I can only be as respectful as they are to me! I got transfered 5 times having to repeat the issue every single time. The first 3 I'm as respectful as I can be or anyone could be after that all I wanted was the manager, and being refused the ability to talk to a manager. Yes this is an aggressive post I've dealt with this for months now, and hours upon hours on the phone. I was not attacking the senior rep when he hung up on me, and the manager I finally talk to after that said they would reprimand the employee for his actions. All I am doing is trying to explain my situation the best I can with the actions that have happened.
maratsade

I hear you, but if you try to continue to be respectful even in the face of another person's disrespect, they will eventually stop being disrespectful to you.  And if they don't stop soon enough for your needs, you can always politely inform them that you will hang up now and try with someone else.   I'm sure you can totally avoid escalation if you try.   EDIT: although at this point I think it might be better if you stay off those phone calls. The phone reps may not have enough authority to help you. 

When did you begin your subscription to the service?  If it wasn't too long ago, the sales call can be pulled by the HN staff on this site (they have "mod" next to their handle), and they can see whether the sales person set the right expectations. If they didn't, you may have recourse, and the sales person will receive training that will improve their service.

In any case, I hope you get your issues addressed!     

I have already tried that, and they refuse to do it! That's why when I got a call back being told we can get disconnected for free due to the sales rep misinformation I got excited. Only to get a call back with completely different information. So I call to get them to listen to the recordings or at least let me have them, but they refuse again unless I have a Judges order. So what would you do in this situation? I stayed calm respectful until pushed to not let them toy me around anymore. The call back guy who said new information is the one who told me to post complaints on community page, and hope that the head brass would finally look bbn into my complaints. I was respectful, calm, and considerate to every person until they tried to throw me around in circles.

Hello Cloynd,

Thank you for reaching out and voicing your concerns. As the other community members have already stated, this is a support community and everyone here is willing to assist you with your issues. Just be mindful of other members and what you are posting.

Please reply to my private message with the requested information and a detailed explaination of your concerns so I can better assist you.

-Jay