HughesNet Voice Activation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricky
Tutor

HughesNet Voice Activation

I have received my HughesNet voice box and have activated it for several weeks now. However I keep getting these notices saying I have not activated it and I will be charges for the box. Can someone look into this and get it straightened out. Below is part of the last message I received.

Annotation 2019-09-28 174256.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for posting. I pulled up your account and I can also confirm that your VOIP service is active in our system, yet those e-mail have gone out. Let me check with our VOIP folks to see what's going on with that; I don't see why those e-mails should be sending.

BTW, the community ranks are not just based on length of membership, which is why newer members may outrank those who have joined earlier.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

Hi Ricky,

I was given assurance that you won't be charged for not activating your ATA, especially since I see that the ATA is active. If anything odd happens, just let me know.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Ricky, the reps won't be here until Monday. Have you tried calling the Customer Service number?

Yes, they are useless. Maybe I will torcher myself again and call them. Can't believe I am actually thinking about doing this.

maratsade

Yeah, the call can be very lengthy and unproductive  -- have you tried chat?  Sometimes that works better.

You can also wait until next week -- I'm sure that if there are any charges, the reps here can reverse them.  

I can not believe I just called them. What a waste of my time.

maratsade

I know you've been around for a while, Ricky; not sure why you feel the need to point this out.   The title "professor" is just something the system gives (like "tutor"). Means nothing, and I was just attempting to help you, and it seems you may not have appreciated that.  That's all right, no worries. 

As you know, the reps are here M-F, so there won't be a reply from them until next week.   Best of luck to you. 

GabeU

@Ricky 

Are the notices coming to your email?  Does it show on the HughesNet MyAccount site (the Voice section) that it still needs to be activated?  

If the latter is the case, have you tried to go through the procedure again?  

With that said, it's odd that the Business phone number is wrong.  It's actually 800-347-3272.

Gabe, they are indeed coming to my email account. It does not show anywhere, that I have found, that it needs to be activated. I have tried to get it straight from the script readers and nothing sounds to me to get it straight. They just say no worries. That is what they said the 1st time and I got the message again.

I will apoligize for any harsh words I posted earlier. Them phone reps will get a guy worked up.

GabeU

@Ricky 

It's completely understandable.  Those phone reps can be downright maddening sometimes.  I avoid calling them unless I absolutely have no other choice.  

Hopefully the notices are just a system glitch that the reps here will be able to figure out and stop.  That sentence about the grace period expiring tomorrow is a bit unnerving, though.  I hope nothing happens when that supposed deadline is reached.  😞  

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for posting. I pulled up your account and I can also confirm that your VOIP service is active in our system, yet those e-mail have gone out. Let me check with our VOIP folks to see what's going on with that; I don't see why those e-mails should be sending.

BTW, the community ranks are not just based on length of membership, which is why newer members may outrank those who have joined earlier.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks Liz. No worries about the ranks. I was just a bit rung up after talking to support script readers.

That's understandable, Ricky, I'm sorry about your phone experience. Our e-mail communications person is looking into this for you. 

Hi Ricky,

I was given assurance that you won't be charged for not activating your ATA, especially since I see that the ATA is active. If anything odd happens, just let me know.

Okay. Thank you Liz for your help on this issue. I appreciate it.

You're welcome, Ricky. Have a good weekend!