HughesNet is a theif

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hopesa87
New Poster

HughesNet is a theif

I have never been signed up for auto payment or anything like it! Today is Sunday 5/15/21 and HughesNet took my last bit of money with no email to inform me or even a request to take my money!! I will be calling corporate and telling them about my screen shots of the non recurring bills. I have never been stolen from by a big company and I am sure any lawyer in my town is going to love cashing in on your huge **bleep** mistake!!!!! 

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This site connects you directly to corporate employees and is the fastest way you can get connected to Corporate and have them investigate your issue.   

Auto payment is the default payment method for the service, though you can also sign up for paper billing, which costs an extra $5 per month.   

The information about billing should have been given to you by an agent when you set up your account.  The welcome email also tells you that you will be charged automatically each month. 

You may also want to read the subscriber agreement, section 5, to see how the dispute resolution process works.  

Thank you. My contract ends July of this year and I'm counting the literal days. I know just how tricky this company is and the service is so horrendous that I actually pay a different service for better quality and faster internet. I can't wait to not be a HughesNet customer come July 2021!

maratsade

Oh, so yours isn't a new account! They must've been deducting payments automatically all along, though, right?  In any case, I hope you have other options where you live and that your next ISP works better for you.  🙂 

GabeU

@Hopesa87 

For the sake of clarity, are you saying that during this entire time you've been a manual pay customer, and then with this last bill they deducted the payment from your card/bank on file automatically?

If this is the case it was likely a mistake or glitch, not a thievery.  They have no reason to steal money from you.  

The reps here are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.   They will likely reply on Monday. 

For clarity, I have saved any and all email responses to my payments to which they are cheaper than what was taken out recently. I have always payed on my own time and have never signed up for auto pay. Also, the money withdraw was posted today, 5/15/21(Sunday) with no email verification or anything to that standard. This money was for other household purposes and they had no right to take money that deligated else where. And to be frank and clear they would have gotten their average payment this coming week as usual to my standard of payment. What a hassle to my family! 

maratsade

Would you like the reps here to look into this? They'll be back Monday. They can do a lot more than the phone reps, and hopefully they'll be able to fix whatever's going on, and quickly.  I know how frustrating this must be for you. Hang in there! 

Yes I would like immediate attention on my account. I think it's very illegal for a company to take funds from anyone's bank account without verification or notice or anything. HughesNet acted like my bank account was their own personal account to which they could withdraw whatever and whenever they want. 

maratsade

I'm sure a rep will reply to you sometime next week. 

EDIT: For a more immediate response, you can also call the customer service number during M-F business hours and ask to be transferred to the billing department.  It may actually be faster to do it this way.

Hello Hopesa87, 

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I pulled up your account to investigate and I do see that you normally did pay on your own, not relying on autopay.

This was until March 18, 2021, the payment option was switched to autopay. Do you recall making this change online? Did you update your credit card information around that time?

That might explain why autopay is enabled now; looking at your case history, there's no support case that corresponds with that date, so it wasn't a customer service rep who made the switch.

I can certainly put you back on invoice billing again which will take away the $5 savings that come with autopay, let me know if you want me to go ahead with the change and I'll do that for you. I'll also waive this month's invoice fee.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Hopesa87,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you. If you need to switch to invoice billing, please call, chat, or e-mail us for assistance with that process.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!