I don’t have any words …..

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hariahann
New Poster

I don’t have any words …..

HughesNet changed my account from residential to an business account,WHICH WAS NOT Authorize. There was no letter sent for this changed nothing , they didn’t let us know anything about this change.They even made up an company that doesn’t exist  under our address. The come pant name is EVANS co , we live in apartments. We don’t have a company/business named EVANS CO.. When asked why they did that we were told because they wanted to help us out and  by giving us more gigabytes . When I told her  to no we don’t want the change she transferred me to sales rep who tired to make get another account. Why would I need another account if I have one ?? All I wanted to do is change back to what my account was under , residential because they changed it without our permission and NEVER told us . I really can’t wait to get out of HughesNet !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

No one is saying you're lying. Damian is going to investigate this; he wants to help you. Please send him your phone number so he can try to access your account. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade

Best thing you can do now is wait until the reps see your post tomorrow and check on this.  They're very helpful and will look into this for you. They don't have much access to business accounts, but they may be able to figure out what happened. 

Damian

@Hariahann,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. This is a highly unusual situation. First I will start by saying while it is possible to turn a residential into a business account, it is not possible to do the reverse for whatever systematic reasons. Our representatives offering to upgrade your account to a business for more data does happen on few calls, but it is not a solution we train our agents to offer as it's more of a band-aid and not a root fix. We also never process changes like this without verbal confirmation from the account owner, over the phone, as this is a complete breach of account security. When it comes to the letter, we do no send letters for account changes because this is a paperless company and all documents can be emailed to you or downloaded from your account on the support center. 

As maratsade stated, we do not have much access to business accounts but I can look through previous case notes to get a little more context and details regarding this alleged account change without authorization. You can send me your phone number associated with your account by clicking that link so I can locate your account. https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644 . Please give me some time look into this so I can hopefully provide you a little more info. 

-Damian 

I really do not have to lie , you changed my account to from a residential to a business with proper authorization . We live in apartment , when husband signed he up for  residential which you guys changed to business, no one contact about it , doesn’t matter if y’all don’t do letters , there was NO form of contact about this change , to phone call , to email nothing . They only emails we have is payments emails . Why would I lie on you guys when it reviews saying you did the same thing to over people , you guys even have us under an company named EVANS CO . I just got off the phone and was told that by one of your reps in which I said we don’t even have said company on file , we never told you we have a business named Evans Co , which by the way is the name of an trucking company , that’s our company we live in apartments so why change , and even we said no we never said we don’t want why all the run around?? No one has to lie 

maratsade

No one is saying you're lying. Damian is going to investigate this; he wants to help you. Please send him your phone number so he can try to access your account. 

It's quite possible your account was hacked from responding to a phishing scam email, thus providing your access info to the scammer, who actually did this. Things like this happen a lot more often than you'd think and is a more likely explanation.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@Hariahann,

I apologize if it came across that way. I don't believe you are lying at all. I was just stating that it's almost impossible for the rep to change account types without customer authorization because of  the systems checks and balances as well as the constant phone call monitoring. A likely yet unfortunate possibility is someone gained access to your info through a phishing scam like MarkJFine stated. I hope that isn't the case. I will look into this for you right away, once you send the phone number associated with your account. 

-Damian